Glide w/o voice retrigger?

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
ambedobass

Glide w/o voice retrigger?

Post by ambedobass »

Im just wondering how i can go about patching a simple mono bass w/glide - but have the envelope generator only trigger if there is a lapse in midi info coming in. So i can glide between notes without the envelope generator triggering w/ each new note hit. Help is much appreciated, still new to modular style synthesis.
DarkStar

Re: Glide w/o voice retrigger?

Post by DarkStar »

Slightly confused here.

A glide is from one note pitch to another. It needs the first note to be sounding (perhaps in its release stage?) and the second note to be started so that the glide direction / rate of change can be calculated.

I must have misunderstood. :?:
DarkStar ... interesting, if true. // Inspired by ...
ambedobass

Post by ambedobass »

I basically want the same effect that turning on mono and legato in serum. If i hit C for example, and then hit F while still holding C, I want it to glide to F while remaining in the sustain stage of the envelope generator; rather than retriggering the envelope from the start (going through the attack and decay stages for each new note). Hope that helps explain it haha.
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

Ah ha! Yes, I did misunderstand, :)

So you hit C and hold it; it starts sounding and the envelope starts. Then you hit F and the envelope continues from wherever it was.

In other words, the Envelope Generator only starts when the number of notes played changes from 0 to 1.

I don't have an answer (yet??). ;) Maybe use Poly to Mono to merge the incoming Gate signals??
DarkStar ... interesting, if true. // Inspired by ...
wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

You are looking for the gray button in the upper-right of CV OUTS. You want the SINGLE light to be lit.
Attachments
screen 2019-09-26 at 26  12.12.03 AM.jpg
screen 2019-09-26 at 26 12.12.03 AM.jpg (16.8 KiB) Viewed 2849 times

Return to “Voltage Modular”