MRB Module Dirt

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
Manix24

MRB Module Dirt

Post by Manix24 »

Hi,

I recently bought the MRB Bundle (Very Good) and ave a Problem with all of their Dirt Modules, when I dial in Dirt it starts to crackle, is it the Dirt Sound, or is it a fault :o) Not kidding, it must be a fault also in their standalone Voice Units Dirt is unusable
I'm on Win10 Fat CPU Standalone
Thank you for support

Manix
MRBarton

Re: MRB Module Dirt

Post by MRBarton »

Hi Manix,

This is the first I am hearing of this problem. I've been using the Dirt module in many patches for quite a while now. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this, and if we find a bug, I'll issue a fix right away.

Is the crackling a constant thing? That is, does it crackle all the time even with no sound? Try this: Patch a silent signal (like from a mixer with everything turned down) into the Dirt input. Do you still hear crackling? Does it in fact crackle in the Voice modules too? Any further information would be helpful along with a patch example where the problem occurs. Email it to me at

mark @ mrbmodules.com

Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad you're enjoying the MRB modules.

--Mark
Manix24

Post by Manix24 »

No it crackels when you play, and the module is patched,
rene

Post by rene »

I have the same experience with the dirt module. I crackles when patched even in a basic set up. The rest of te MRB stuff is amazingly good
MRBarton

Post by MRBarton »

All right, I'm on it. If somebody can send me a patch where this happens, that would be great. I have yet to hear the crackling in anything I have done. I'll try to cure this problem right away, but I have to be able to reproduce it. Please send patch to:

mark @ mrbmodules.com

Thanks for the kind words on the rest of the bundle. You'll like the Dirt module too (once it's fixed!)

thanks,
--Mark
rene

Post by rene »

Hi Mark The patch is in your mail box
MRBarton

Post by MRBarton »

BUG FOUND AND SQUASHED.

There was definitely a coding error and after changing a -1 to a -2, everything is fine and the crackling is gone. Please pack your Dirt modules well and send them to me post paid and I will replace the faulty components and get them back to you as soon as......oh wait, it's software. In that case it will magically appear in your library in a day or so! You will get new versions of the 4 affected modules. I guess I can turn off my soldering iron.

Thanks to Manix and Rene for calling this to my attention.

--Mark
rene

Post by rene »

Thumbs up for Mark and his quick response and his wonderul modules
MRBarton

Post by MRBarton »

The 4 modules with the (now bug fixed) Dirt algorithm in them:

Laboratory Dirt
poly Laboratory Dirt
Laboratory Voice
Laboratory Semi-Modular Voice

have been re-published. They should load automatically the next time you hot up Voltage. The Semi-Modular Voice also had a bug in the sync function which is now also fixed. Everything should be great now, and I hope everyone will let me know if it isn't.

Enjoy,
--Mark
Manix24

Post by Manix24 »

Mucho Thanks from Germany

Manix

Return to “Voltage Modular”