PayPal - Pre-Approved Payments

For issues related to the Cherry Audio store and the Sync product management application
DarkStar

PayPal - Pre-Approved Payments

Post by DarkStar »

I could not resist the Year One Anniversary offers, so bought some using PayPal.

One stage in the payment processing was signing up to future pre-approved payments by clicking "Agree and Continue". There is no other way forward. So I did that and completed the order, then went back to PayPal and cancelled the Billing Agreement.

Please protect me from myself :) and make that sign-up optional.
DarkStar ... interesting, if true. // Inspired by ...
Cherry Garcia
Site Admin

Re: PayPal - Pre-Approved Payments

Post by Cherry Garcia »

DarkStar,

Thank you!

When checking out from Cherry Audio, make sure to NOT click the "Save payment information" and that should help.
checkout-dialog.png
checkout-dialog.png (10.51 KiB) Viewed 4121 times
arbuxMusic

Post by arbuxMusic »

Cherry Garcia wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:00 pm DarkStar,

Thank you!

When checking out from Cherry Audio, make sure to NOT click the "Save payment information" and that should help.
@CherryGarcia,

It seems that the CherryAudio site doesn't honour that setting for PayPal. I did quite a bit of testing the other day to try and get PayPal through without the automatic payments (with or without that checkbox clicked). I ended up giving in and moving to a credit card payment (which works fine).

I had some email discussion with Eric @Cherry Audio but it seems that this is a feature of the current site.
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

I had double-checked that that check box was not enabled.

For me, it would be better if the pre-approved purchases was an opt-in process, rather than automatic.
DarkStar ... interesting, if true. // Inspired by ...
Cherry Garcia
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Garcia »

I was told by the web dev that that should help. At any rate, we have some plans to address this in a future update. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Return to “Cherry Audio Store”