New Vintage Synthesizer Modules, New Core Modules, Voltage Modular 1.3.13 Update!

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
Cherry Dan
Site Admin

New Vintage Synthesizer Modules, New Core Modules, Voltage Modular 1.3.13 Update!

Post by Cherry Dan »

Lots of exciting news to announce today! There are some great new vintage synthesizer modules in the store, some useful new modules in the Core collection, and a new update to Voltage Modular, and they're all available now!

>> MS Vintage Bundle

If you've tried the VCF-20 Filter ($15) module, you know how great that raunchy, aggressive vintage filter tone can be. Our new VCO-20 Dual Oscillator module ($15) uncannily reproduces the unique lo-fi oscillator waveforms and unusual ring modulator effect of one of the most famous Japanese synthesizers of the 70s. These modules sound fantastic together, and make up the new MS Vintage Bundle ($25).

Hear the MS Vintage Bundle in this video!

https://youtu.be/SoltVjCXiDI

>> TB Vintage Bundle

Speaking of vintage synthesizers, Cherry Audio is proud to announce the release of the new TB Oscillator ($10) and TB Filter ($10) modules. These modules are highly-accurate recreations of the oscillator and filter section of the world's most iconic acid techno bass synth. The TB Oscillator's Wave Mix control adds new tone colors, and the TB Filter's saturation knob creates subtle to nasty overdrive. These modules are available together in the new TB Vintage Bundle ($15).

Check out the authentic tones of the TB Vintage Bundle in this video!

https://youtu.be/ONv-Qsn8WRc

>> New Core Modules

Owners of the Voltage Core package will find two new modules - for FREE! - in their collection. The Poly MIDI Input module lets you control polyphonic modules from any available MIDI Input device. You can also feed a MIDI signal to the module, and use it as a MIDI-to-Poly-CV module.

The MIDI Channel Filter module takes a MIDI input and filters out all but the selected MIDI channels. When used in conjunction with the MIDI Input and Poly MIDI Input modules, you can use multiple MIDI controllers transmitting on different MIDI channels to control different parts of a Voltage Modular patch.

>> Voltage Modular 1.3.13 Update

A new update of Voltage Modular has been released as well! This update fixes a few small issues users have encountered with Voltage Modular, plus it solves a problem with the high-pass filter, which caused low frequencies to bleed in when the resonance was turned up.

Developers will find a significant new feature in Voltage Module Designer 1.3.13. Auto Complete will automatically suggest the names of variables and functions as you're typing, making it easier than ever to build new modules in record time. Please note that this experimental new feature is off by default. To activate this feature, select Edit->Preferences, select the Code Editor page, and click on "Enable Auto Complete".

As always, Voltage Modular will download the update automatically, or you can visit https://store.cherryaudio.com/my/library to download the update immediately!

>> More on the way!

Finally, there are some really exciting new 3rd party modules due out in the next few weeks, from current and new developers. More to come!

- Dan @ Cherry Audio
nik

Re: New Vintage Synthesizer Modules, New Core Modules, Voltage Modular 1.3.13 Update!

Post by nik »

10.13.6 Standalone 1.3.13

Frustrating bug this morning. Spent hours building a patch that I was about to make a Youtube video of to show off the new 303 modules. Went to save it so I could transfer it to another computer where I make videos and it refused to save. Save dialog came up but pressing save would not let me save it.

Restarted and it didn't bring up where I was but an earlier version from hours before. Not a problem I have had with any previous version of VM.
AndyMac

Re: New Vintage Synthesizer Modules, New Core Modules, Voltage Modular 1.3.13 Update!

Post by AndyMac »

Notice that the VCF-20 Filter is now correctly in the processor category (along with the TB-Filter) BUT the new VCO-20 and TB oscillators are incorrectly categorised in Utilities and not Sources.
Cherry Dan
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Dan »

AndyMac wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:37 am Notice that the VCF-20 Filter is now correctly in the processor category (along with the TB-Filter) BUT the new VCO-20 and TB oscillators are incorrectly categorised in Utilities and not Sources.
This has been fixed. Thanks for letting us know!

Dan
Cherry Dan
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Dan »

nik wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:40 am Restarted and it didn't bring up where I was but an earlier version from hours before. Not a problem I have had with any previous version of VM.
That's very odd indeed. Are you on a Mac or Windows? Is your data saved on a drive that could be disconnected?

If it ever happens again, please take a screenshot or video and show us what's happening please!

Dan

Return to “Voltage Modular”