Voltage Modular Feature Requests

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
xuoham

Re: Voltage Modular Feature Requests

Post by xuoham »

Sorry for double posting but i just realized (dooooh !) there was a thread just for feature requests.

My first one is having the option to collapse the highest panel with the ins and outs, just like collapsing the library and performance panels.
Real estate, real estate !!

Second one is a copy paste of this thread, sorry :

Unless i am missing something, unlike the CA instruments, Voltage does not have the focus-zoom feature.
I guess it is not possible to implement it (different sizes with differents project) but there could be a nice workaround.

I use VM mainly with VM900 and VM2500 in big configurations and i realize that, more than a focus-zoom feature, i would love to have a kind of "alt+left click" or "ctrl+right click" that enables me, like a "hand tool" to drag the GUI wherever i want.

Possible ?

Apologies if it's already here, just didn't find it.

Thanks

edit: i know that i can scroll vertically and horizontally with "shift", but being able to go diagonal just with one move of a hand tool would be time/energy saving.
AndyMac

Post by AndyMac »

GusGranite wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:16 am I added the zip file to the list so it doesn't get missed.
Gus
Thanks, that's a great idea :-)
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

GusGranite wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:27 am
huggermugger wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:30 pm I like VM's very cool cable bus feature. I use a cable bus on the main audio outputs of my patches to make that last pair of cables 'invisible'. I wish VM had an autoload template patch so the busses would automatically be available in a new patch instead of having to create them every time. I can obviously load an autoload preset when I start making a patch, but you know, old guys like me need things to be easy :ugeek:
Sorry not sure exactly what you mean with this one? Would you mind explaining so a 5 year old would understand? :mrgreen:
Basically, just saying it'd be great to have an autoload feature when booting up VM, like many DAWs. I could save an autoload patch with a few preset cable busses ready to use, instead of having to create them every time I make a new patch.
GusGranite

Post by GusGranite »

huggermugger wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:23 pm
GusGranite wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:27 am
huggermugger wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:30 pm I like VM's very cool cable bus feature. I use a cable bus on the main audio outputs of my patches to make that last pair of cables 'invisible'. I wish VM had an autoload template patch so the busses would automatically be available in a new patch instead of having to create them every time. I can obviously load an autoload preset when I start making a patch, but you know, old guys like me need things to be easy :ugeek:
Sorry not sure exactly what you mean with this one? Would you mind explaining so a 5 year old would understand? :mrgreen:
Basically, just saying it'd be great to have an autoload feature when booting up VM, like many DAWs. I could save an autoload patch with a few preset cable busses ready to use, instead of having to create them every time I make a new patch.
Thank you. I was overcomplicating it in my mind. Added to the list.
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

I'd like to see an Add Cabinet... option in the right-click menu, rather than being forced to go to the Browser for Cabinets.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-05-11 at 7.08.31 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-05-11 at 7.08.31 PM.png (938.49 KiB) Viewed 772 times
GusGranite

Post by GusGranite »

huggermugger wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 11:06 pm I'd like to see an Add Cabinet... option in the right-click menu, rather than being forced to go to the Browser for Cabinets.
Added to the list
GusGranite

Post by GusGranite »

xuoham wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:31 am Sorry for double posting but i just realized (dooooh !) there was a thread just for feature requests.

My first one is having the option to collapse the highest panel with the ins and outs, just like collapsing the library and performance panels.
Real estate, real estate !!

Second one is a copy paste of this thread, sorry :

Unless i am missing something, unlike the CA instruments, Voltage does not have the focus-zoom feature.
I guess it is not possible to implement it (different sizes with differents project) but there could be a nice workaround.

I use VM mainly with VM900 and VM2500 in big configurations and i realize that, more than a focus-zoom feature, i would love to have a kind of "alt+left click" or "ctrl+right click" that enables me, like a "hand tool" to drag the GUI wherever i want.

Possible ?

Apologies if it's already here, just didn't find it.

Thanks

edit: i know that i can scroll vertically and horizontally with "shift", but being able to go diagonal just with one move of a hand tool would be time/energy saving.
Hello - apologies I missed your requests also. I think I went to the latest notification and skipped yours. Both now added to the list!
SA2K

Post by SA2K »

I own lot's of Voltage Modular modules & I'd like to request a feature to hide/unhide modules that I don't like much. It would make searching through my module list easier. There are a few I bought on sale in bundles and a few others here and there that I'm not likely to use so the feature of hiding/unhiding is a good addition to VM.
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

SA2K wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:17 am I own lot's of Voltage Modular modules & I'd like to request a feature to hide/unhide modules that I don't like much. It would make searching through my module list easier. There are a few I bought on sale in bundles and a few others here and there that I'm not likely to use so the feature of hiding/unhiding is a good addition to VM.
Amen to this. I could stand to lose about half of my modules.
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

huggermugger wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 12:39 pm
SA2K wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:17 am I own lot's of Voltage Modular modules & I'd like to request a feature to hide/unhide modules that I don't like much.
Amen to this. I could stand to lose about half of my modules.
Thirded.

Return to “Voltage Modular”