Random Out Switch Crash

ymerejsasnak

Random Out Switch Crash

Post by ymerejsasnak »

Hello Benard and anyone else who sees this!

I've already sent a message to Benard's contact email regarding this issue (hoping to hear back, I know he isn't very active here).

My hope here is more that others might see this and confirm and/or clarify for me that this is a legitimate module bug and not just something weird happening on my end.

The bug in question is with Benard's "Random Out Switch". I tried to troubleshoot a bit to pinpoint the issue, but it gets a kind of difficult and annoying given that when I do manage to trigger the bug it totally freezes VM and I have to kill the program. Anyway, it seems to be happening when I have only one output jack hooked up and I hook up something to the input jack (though I'm not 100% confident if that's what is causing it).

So...can anyone else confirm this just so I know I'm not crazy?

Thanks
JK
ymerejsasnak

Re: Random Out Switch Crash

Post by ymerejsasnak »

So...I was just messing around and discovered that the Random In Switch also can freeze/crash VM if only one jack in the bottom area is connected.

So it's both. As far as I can tell. Weird that they've been available so long and no issue has ever seemed to be raised (at least nowhere publicly visible).
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

ymerejsasnak wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:02 am So...I was just messing around and discovered that the Random In Switch also can freeze/crash VM if only one jack in the bottom area is connected.

So it's both. As far as I can tell. Weird that they've been available so long and no issue has ever seemed to be raised (at least nowhere publicly visible).
If you only have one output jack connected and you enable the "x1" switch, I could see how that might cause an infinite loop. Just guessing, though.

Post by ymerejsasnak »

Oh absolutely. That's become my main assumption about what's going on.

Still...it's usually best if certain cable configurations don't completely freeze the software. ;)

I hope we hear from Benard eventually...

Return to “Benard”