Shepard Moon module released

utdgrant

Shepard Moon module released

Post by utdgrant »

Dome Music Technologies are pleased to announce the release of their 39th module - "Shepard Moon".
FrontPanel.jpg
FrontPanel.jpg (96.73 KiB) Viewed 781 times
It was conceived to make 'barber pole' effects easy to set up in VM. Traditionally, you'd have to set up multiple chains of 'voices', together with a mass of synchronised LFOs. Shepard Moon provides all the LFO outputs and cross-fades the returned audio in one place. For example, you can create seamless Shepard Tones using only one Shepard Moon module and six stock Oscillators.

There is a preset pack to demonstrate it configured for different applications. There is also a full user guide to explain the function of each knob, switch and jack.

There is a 30 day free demo period, and it is also reduced in price until 8th March 2024 as part of the Two Year Anniversary Celebration.

Owners of the Ultimate Collection will have it automatically added to their library the next time they sync to CA.

Ambient Drone Demo (YouTube)

Shepard Tone Demo (YouTube)

Re: Shepard Moon module released

Post by wondersn »

I love these sounds.
What would be the easiest way of creating an "on" switch for one of the presents from a standing start (I'm thinking "Light This Candle")? I would like to be able to assign a button for live purposes. Off switch would be good too, for similar reasons.

Thx

Steve
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

wondersn wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:39 pm I love these sounds.
What would be the easiest way of creating an "on" switch for one of the presents from a standing start (I'm thinking "Light This Candle")? I would like to be able to assign a button for live purposes. Off switch would be good too, for similar reasons.

Thx

Steve
Hi Steve,

I think this patch might go some way towards what you need:
Launch This Candle.jpg
Launch This Candle.jpg (383.19 KiB) Viewed 720 times
Button 1 on the Perform panel toggles it between the 'On' and 'Off' states. Press once to Launch, press again for MECO.
Knob 8 controls the acceleration rate.
Knob 9 controls the deceleration rate.

YouTube Demo

Smol RAT and ACE Constants are used to smooth out the acceleration / deceleration.
The smoothed signal is fed into the ENV IN of a Simple Amplifier, and CV 01 of R_Ware Control.
R_Ware Control is used to make the Rate knob on Shepard Moon voltage-controlled.
Launch This Candle.voltagepreset
(21.13 KiB) Downloaded 41 times

Post by wondersn »

Fantastic - works just as intended.
Thanks as ever
halonucleus

Post by halonucleus »

Awesome module!

I really love how the Polyphasic Sequencer preset sounds. It's a great source of ideas for my own patches!
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

Shepard Moon has now been updated to v1.1. This features the addition of a 'Reset Angle' knob, which makes the task of synchronising multiple Shepard Moons a whole lot easier.
ResetAngleKnobPanel.jpg
ResetAngleKnobPanel.jpg (84.65 KiB) Viewed 506 times
An updated User Guide has also been created.

Return to “Dome Music Technologies”