Dome Music Technologies Two Year Anniversary Sale

utdgrant

Dome Music Technologies Two Year Anniversary Sale

Post by utdgrant »

The first Dome Music Technologies product (the RAT Pack Bundle) dropped on 8th March 2022. Since then, the portfolio has grown to 38 (soon to be 39*) modules.

To celebrate, the Two Year Anniversary Celebration Sale is now running. It ends on 8th March 2024 at 23:59 (Pacific/Midway time).
DoMuTech2YearSale.JPG
DoMuTech2YearSale.JPG (139.48 KiB) Viewed 462 times
During the sale period, you won't have to pay more than $2.50 for any single bundle or module. In addition, the Ultimate Collection will be available for $12 (even less if you have already bought Dome Music Technologies products in the past).

As ever, all modules and bundles have a free demo period of at least 28 days, so make sure to 'kick the tyres' and test them out in your own VM rack before deciding to take the plunge.

* - The latest module "Shepard Moon" has been submitted to the CA test team and will be available to buy as soon as it is approved. Of course, it will automatically be added to the Ultimate Collection at no extra charge to existing owners.

Re: Dome Music Technologies Two Year Anniversary Sale

Post by Steve W »

Congratulations on your Two-Year Anniversary. I have enjoyed playing with your modules and appreciate how much your share of yourself and your knowledge in the Voltage Modular Community.
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

utdgrant wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:27 am * - The latest module "Shepard Moon" has been submitted to the CA test team and will be available to buy as soon as it is approved. Of course, it will automatically be added to the Ultimate Collection at no extra charge to existing owners.
And it's there...

https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/shepard-moon

Post by Steve W »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shepard_tables

Fascinating. Thanks for pointing me to that. For me it helps explain why people with different orientations see things differently in more ways than the obvious. (I was into optical illusions as a kid and might have seen this, but if I knew it was from the guy who brought us the Shepard Tones, I didn't remember it.)

I found a pdf of the book I had. https://ia801404.us.archive.org/9/items ... 02-150.pdf Fig. 16 (page 55) has the forerunner of the illusion of the tables. The book is a Dover Reprint of a book from 1922. Makes sense that I was unaware before today that the illusion was redrawn in 1990 by Shepard as tables.

Thanks for the module.
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

Steve W wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:06 pm https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shepard_tables

Fascinating. Thanks for pointing me to that. For me it helps explain why people with different orientations see things differently in more ways than the obvious.
I copied the Shepard Tables image from Wikipedia and isolated the two parallelograms for myself. I simply couldn't believe that they were the same shape and size. However...
ShepardTables.jpg
ShepardTables.jpg (14.67 KiB) Viewed 387 times
That's utterly mind-boggling! :o

Post by utdgrant »

The ironic thing is that the Shepard Moon module can create its own OPTICAL illusions! :)
ShaepardMoonOpticalIllusion.jpg
ShaepardMoonOpticalIllusion.jpg (142.41 KiB) Viewed 384 times
ShepardMoonOpticalIllusion2.jpg
ShepardMoonOpticalIllusion2.jpg (144.56 KiB) Viewed 384 times

Post by Steve W »

WILD! I pasted the images into MSPaint, turned on the gridlines, and my brain was still fooled!!!!!!

BTW, if Shepard can take a known optical illusion, put it on tables, and forever have it known as his for simply putting it into a context, you could do the same with this. You have added something new--the trick the mind plays based on repetitive patterns!

Return to “Dome Music Technologies”