No Output on MacOS

Synthesizer Expander Module is a FREE emulation of the classic self‑contained synthesizer module of the same name. We've precisely recreated it here with a filter section and Phasor effect programmed by award-winning synth designer Mark Barton (MRB).
prodjahson

No Output on MacOS

Post by prodjahson »

I downloaded this plugin today, however, whenever I run an instrument to a channel, the audio isn't running through the plugin. If you need more info to assess this problem please let me know.
huggermugger

Re: No Output on MacOS

Post by huggermugger »

Hmm, it's a pretty simple plugin, just insert it on a track in your DAW and start playing. What DAW are you using?
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 11.41.23 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 11.41.23 AM.png (724.83 KiB) Viewed 359 times
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

prodjahson wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:08 pm I downloaded this plugin today, however, whenever I run an instrument to a channel, the audio isn't running through the plugin.
The image of the hardware shows eight hardware inputs. One is labelled Audio In. I just assumed those jacks/sockets were just for display, not that they have virtual counterparts in the software. But I don't know for sure. I checked the manual quickly and didn't see any references to Audio In.

I think "the audio isn't running through the plugin" refers to the inability of the software synth to process external audio going into it.

It is confusing because the topic is "No Output on MacOS." So, maybe "the audio isn't running through the plugin" really means "there's no sound coming from the plugin." However, the reference to "whenever I run an instrument to a channel" leads me to believe my first impression was correct.
Last edited by Steve W on Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

Yeah, those jacks are just eye candy. This module doesn't accept incoming audio.

Return to “Synthesizer Expander Module”