abandonware?

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
huggermugger

abandonware?

Post by huggermugger »

While a plethora of sexy vintage repro's continues to pour out the door, Cherry seems to have given up on Voltage Modular. IIRC, it hasn't even had a point update in over a year.

Ah well, at least I can amuse myself pushing the virtual radio buttons on my new (old) CR-78 knockoff.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Re: abandonware?

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

We aren't planning to abandon Voltage Modular. Cherry Audio doesn't have rooms full of coders devoted to different projects. We've got a small team and they have to switch laser focus from project to project. At some point, we're planning to shift focus back to Voltage Modular and release a new update. Thank you for your patience!

Greg
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

Sorry Greg, my comment was over the top. I was just feeling a little frustrated by the frequent attention (though for good reason) that your instruments receive. I'm at a nexus with Logic, waiting for fixes before I start integrating VM into it, and I'm really hoping to see some other suggestions that might be adopted by your programmers.

VM is still top of the heap for virtual modular, and luckily the standalone version is so complete that DAW integration isn't critical to enjoying it.

Thanks for your patience with a windbag like me. :)
Jo Beatz

Post by Jo Beatz »

I can understand Cherry Audio, but I feel the same way. At least that's how it looks and feels from the outside.
dayvyg

Post by dayvyg »

Got to say I agree. I know you're in the business of making money and I guess this sells. Although I don't understand who'd want an emulation of a drum machine from 1978 when there are so many better options around these days. Nostalgia, I guess.

Voltage Modular is something special with some really special module creators. I'd hate to see that squandered!

d.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

We'll be finishing up an update, testing it, and releasing it at some point in the coming weeks, I believe.

Greg

Return to “Voltage Modular”