Is there a reason why all modules are being redownloaded in relatively short intervals?

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
Jo Beatz

Re: Is there a reason why all modules are being redownloaded in relatively short intervals?

Post by Jo Beatz »

Hi Greg,

I don't want to grumble. Sure, I'll be happy to enter the problem again in detail.

Best regards
Jean d'Oran

Re: Is there a reason why all modules are being redownloaded in relatively short intervals?

Post by Jean d'Oran »

Hello tout le monde !
My two cents suggestion : (forget it if your'e on a Mac...) Same thing with Windows explorer
Jean, from France
Dos never said "excellent command or filename" !
dayvyg

Post by dayvyg »

The whole check in with the mothership process is painful in general. Either you need to speed it up A LOT or give us the option to sync modules when we're ready. I have a lot of modules and have to play the waiting game every time I open it up and if you have a repeated crash it's a PITA to troubleshoot cause you have to wait for the whole sync process to do it's thing yet again. I don't use VM near as much as VCV rack for that very reason. VCV updates are quick and easy. Both the sync and update process are very fast.

Thanks.
d.
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

There is an option to do that. In VM 2.7.0 click on the gear icon to bring up the Settings dialog, then select the Account tab in that dialog. It's the checkbox labeled "Ask Before Downloading Updated Modules."

Reid
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76
dayvyg

Post by dayvyg »

Yes, I'm aware of that option and have used it in the past. However, it doesn't prevent the big long sync that prefaces the actual update of modules. When I've enabled this option in the past it would do its normal sync and spin cycle and when I thought it was done I'd start working on my patch only to be greeted with a pop-up window telling me there were module updates and do I want to do it now. Saves a little bit of time but not much. So do I go through the update and spin cycle now or be greeted with it again next time I fire up V? It's painful. Reminds of Windows updates. It either needs to be sped up considerably or give us the option to not sync at all until we're ready.
theWholeSandwich

Post by theWholeSandwich »

I've been having the same problem
LunarNomad

Post by LunarNomad »

Not sure about the exact fix, but maybe check your settings or reach out to support?
paradiddle

Post by paradiddle »

I haven't played with Voltage in a while and now I just opened it and it redownloaded all the modules. It seemed that it was signed out also. It's happened to me 2 or 3 times but I'm not sure if there is even a fix for it as I've already made a report about it a while back. Now I know at least that I'm not the only one with this problem.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

This issue is related to saving and loading cabinets, so it's probably a good idea to avoid using that feature until we finally get a fix out.

We've got a bug filed on this issue, and I've added a link to this topic in the bug report. There's no word on when an update might be available at this point.

Greg

Return to “Voltage Modular”