Manufacturer Visibility for Users

utdgrant

Manufacturer Visibility for Users

Post by utdgrant »

Does anyone know what this box means on the manufacturer dashboard of Nebula?
Visibility.jpg
Visibility.jpg (15.32 KiB) Viewed 575 times

Re: Manufacturer Visibility for Users

Post by Centripidity »

I have been wondering the same thing.

Peter
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

AFAIK it's to do with the store search/filtering options.

For removal, if you hover over a manufacturer's name a little X in a circle appears on the right. If you click on that the manufacturer is removed from the listings.

After some complaints ages ago about one manufacturer's modules swamping the listings they added various ways to control the listings. Some of them not particularly well thought out. I have quite a large number of users who have removed Adroit Synthesis simply (I think/hope) because for a long time it was at the top of the alphabetical listing and peope removed it by accident as they were trying to figure out how on earth the search options worked.

It's improved over time and now at least there's a dialog that asks for confirmation on removal.
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

As a consumer when I am searching for modules, I will often just check developers one at a time. I assume that others are unchecked. Once I accidentally removed a developer, but found a way to add it back in.
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

Ah, I see it now. Thanks for the insights!
RemoveButton.jpg
RemoveButton.jpg (143.54 KiB) Viewed 538 times

Post by seal58 »

Steve W wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:41 pm As a consumer when I am searching for modules, I will often just check developers one at a time. I assume that others are unchecked. Once I accidentally removed a developer, but found a way to add it back in.
Could you explain this way, please? Until now I don't know, how to restore formerly removed manufacturers.
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

seal58 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:53 pm
Steve W wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:41 pm As a consumer when I am searching for modules, I will often just check developers one at a time. I assume that others are unchecked. Once I accidentally removed a developer, but found a way to add it back in.
Could you explain this way, please? Until now I don't know, how to restore formerly removed manufacturers.
If you go to your User Profile, then scroll down to the bottom of the page, it will show you which manufacturers you currently have "Hidden":
RestoreManufacturer.jpg
RestoreManufacturer.jpg (42.99 KiB) Viewed 489 times
Simply click the blue "rubbish bin" to the right hand of the manufacturer(s) you wish to restore.
UnhideManufacturer.jpg
UnhideManufacturer.jpg (13.9 KiB) Viewed 488 times

Post by Steve W »

utdgrant wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:11 pm
seal58 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:53 pm
If you go to your User Profile, then scroll down to the bottom of the page, it will show you which manufacturers you currently have "Hidden":
Thanks for posting the illustrated guide on how to restore removed manufacturers. TBH, I did it one time a few years ago and haven't done it since. You saved me time trying to reconstruct how I did it. :-) So, thanks for taking the time to post the screen shots.
seal58

Post by seal58 »

Thanks a lot, Grant. :D

Return to “Module Designer”