Retrigger Envelope

Miniverse is a painstaking virtual emulation of the granddaddy of all portable synthesizers.
TA7

Retrigger Envelope

Post by TA7 »

Hi guys, I created a preset in Miniverse. Here is a picture.

What I don't understand is, if I play several notes in a row, the envelope doesn't retrigger.
Is this normal?
I noticed the same thing with your PS20.
Steve W

Re: Retrigger Envelope

Post by Steve W »

Why not post the preset?

So I duplicated your filter and loudness settings and each time I press the same note, I get the note retriggered. If I press notes sequentially, each note get played.

Are you sustaining the notes, either with CC64 or by holding a key down?

With your settings I couldn't hear much shaping going on, so I tweaked the filter settings so I could better hear the envelop more distinctly (filter sweep). I still got distinct envelope triggers. I also and increased the poly to get more than one note at once. I also got distinct envelope triggers.
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

TA7 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:28 am Hi guys, I created a preset in Miniverse. Here is a picture.

What I don't understand is, if I play several notes in a row, the envelope doesn't retrigger.
Is this normal?
I noticed the same thing with your PS20.
Yes, the Miniverse, like the original Minimoog, does not have retrigger when you play several notes legato. It also remains fixed on low-note priority, again like the original Minimoog.

Synth Secrets - Envelopes, Triggers & Gates

User SpaceDog came up with a way to perform retrigger (with the added bonus of Last Note Priority) by using Miniverse as a plug-in within Voltage Modular. See this thread.

Post by SolBlood »

I don't really know how to fix it, but tweaking attack or release setiings might help.

Return to “Miniverse Synthesizer”