Love Crash

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
huggermugger

Love Crash

Post by huggermugger »

I tried using Dawesome's Love plugin, AU version, in the Mini Plugin Host and it shut down VM within seconds of being loaded. I tried a few times, and also tried with the VST3 version intead. Same thing.

Partly I have to attribute this to recently "upgrading" to Sonoma. So now just trying to iron out bugs. Anyone else have Love and would check this out? It's a lovely fx device, and it works fine in Logic.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 5.13.06 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 5.13.06 PM.png (397.15 KiB) Viewed 613 times
drohnee

Re: Love Crash

Post by drohnee »

On macOS Monterey, the AU version of Love causes VM to crash after a few seconds. The VST3 version appears to work on my machine. Tried both in the Mini Plug-in Host
Steve W

Re: Love Crash

Post by Steve W »

huggermugger wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:13 pm I tried using Dawesome's Love plugin, AU version, in the Mini Plugin Host and it shut down VM within seconds of being loaded. I tried a few times, and also tried with the VST3 version intead. Same thing.

Partly I have to attribute this to recently "upgrading" to Sonoma. So now just trying to iron out bugs. Anyone else have Love and would check this out? It's a lovely fx device, and it works fine in Logic.
I picked this up in December and really liked it. I use Windows on a PC that is 10+ years old and doesn't have the resources newer computers have. I did not have major issues but I tend not to push my PC beyond its capabilities. I started with a basic test: put it into VM's plugin's host, manually tweaked stuff on the fly (starting simple and getting more complex), and popped on a couple of LFOs to test the scope/range of the parameters.

I was very pleased that it was used considerably less CPU power that some other recent plug-ins I picked up had. On my PC there are some sounds that generally cause glitches and unwanted noise. For example some complex sounds that just go on and on tend to upset my PC. With Love, there were a couple of controls that I was able to push beyond my PC 's comfort zone if I recall correctly.

I'd be interested in testing one or two of the presets that caused your issues.

I just checked my Love presets. I used a simple synth (Arturia's CZ V) and was able to jam out with tons of variety.

In the last preset I did with Love, I also had Arturia's EFX Refract. For what I was doing, they worked very well together!

Return to “Voltage Modular”