FREE Poly modules: Micro Poly FREE Bundle

ChR_is

FREE Poly modules: Micro Poly FREE Bundle

Post by ChR_is »

A full free polyphonic synth voice: Micro Oscillator Poly, Micro Ladder Filter Poly, Micro Amplifier Poly, Micro AD Envelope Poly, MIcro DC Source Poly!

https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/m ... ree-bundle
utdgrant

Re: FREE Poly modules: Micro Poly FREE Bundle

Post by utdgrant »

ChR_is wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:51 pm A full free polyphonic synth voice: Micro Oscillator Poly, Micro Ladder Filter Poly, Micro Amplifier Poly, Micro AD Envelope Poly, MIcro DC Source Poly!
Hi Chris,

Awesome gift for everyone! Thank you so much. Having true poly modules available to all users is a real step forward for the VM community.

I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I think I might have discovered a little bug. Here is a quick demo of the issue I'm experiencing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9mFTQy4Iow

As you can see, the envelope generators are all behaving correctly, but sometimes you appear to get the effect of retriggering on the filter. My gut feeling is that the Exp CV input to the Micro Ladder Low Pass is getting mixed up internally.

Post by ChR_is »

Hi Grant,

you are right, that's a bug. good catch!

Thanks for letting us know! we found an issue in the frequency and resonance CV. these values weren't reset when switching voices.

A fix is underway (build#3) and will update in your libraries as soon as it is approved by CA :)

Sorry for the inconvenience!
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

Hi Chris,

I've just released the Poly Simple Amplifier, which has a mixed (mono) output. This lets you use the Micro Poly Bundle within VM Nucleus.

I created this old-school "Polysynth with Strings" patch (YouTube demo) using only free-of-charge modules.
PolysynthPatch.jpg
PolysynthPatch.jpg (342.98 KiB) Viewed 108103 times
FreePolysynth.voltagepreset
(15.79 KiB) Downloaded 69 times

Post by ChR_is »

That's awesome! Great work, Grant! :)

In the meantime a bugfix for the voice allocation issue of Micro Ladder Filter Poly has finally been approved and published! :D
The new version should update in your library automatically.
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

Hi Chris,

I've made a quick update to the Poly Simple Amplifier, and added a mono AUDIO IN socket. This allows it to be used as a Mono CV - Poly CV spliiter / multiple, so you can use it to add a (mono) LFO to the (poly) "Pitch CV" input of the Micro Oscillator Poly.

This patch uses the Poly Simple Amplifier to perform multiple different roles:

Mono to Poly Multiple for Vibrato and PWM LFOs.
Poly Attenuverter (with ACE Constants supplying -5V) for waveform envelope sweeping sawtooth to sine.
Poly Attenuator for envelope depth, so that env and keyboard tracking can both go into Micro LLP's EXP CV input.
Mono-Mixing Output VCAs for the 'swept wave' signal path and Micro LLP signal path.
MultipleApplications.jpg
MultipleApplications.jpg (434.08 KiB) Viewed 100258 times
Poly Wave Synth.voltagepreset
(21.4 KiB) Downloaded 60 times

Post by UrbanCyborg »

Not to blow my own horn, but, say, what's that I hear winding in the distance.... :D Just thought I'd toss out that my Poly Scaler module can do some of that, too. Perhaps the name was unfortunate, as it's really a polyphonic VCA in disguise, and can take either polyphonic or monophonic CVs. Not to take away from anyone else's work, certainly, but well, I did blow a mean trumpet back in my youth. :)

Reid
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76

Return to “R_Ware”