Other Numan fans here?

Polymode is inspired by the groundbreaking Moog Polymoog synthesizer. One of the world’s first polyphonic synthesizers, its unique multiple parallel filter implementation and mod routings give it a sound like no other synth.
c10

Other Numan fans here?

Post by c10 »

Happy New Year!

I suspect a significant number of us got the Polymode plugin to emulate the sounds heard on "Pleasure Principle", specifically the "Vox Humana" related patches?

I've never played a real Polymoog (I saw one on display at Sweetwater music a while back, no idea if it was in working condition).
The price is right for the Polymode, and even Numan himself wasn't that fussy about replacing it with something a little less tempremental for the songs that used it.

I'm still scratching the surface on this VST and others, a lot to learn!

Craig
utdgrant

Re: Other Numan fans here?

Post by utdgrant »

c10 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:41 pm Happy New Year!
Happy New Year to you, too!

Yes, instant Gary Numan fan from when I first heard "Are 'Friends' Electric?" in the UK singles chart (1979???).

Also, an instant Polymode owner when it appeared in the Cherry Audio Store! :lol: In fact, it was my first ever purchase from CA and remains my favourite 'Instrument' in their catalogue (i.e. not including Voltage Modular and its library of modules and bundles).

Post by porcytree »

Happy Nu Year to all the Numan fans here.

To the OP - yeah been a Numan fan since '79.

I'm a huge fan of everything from Replicas through to I. Assassin and, also, everything from Dead Son Rising through to Intruder.
(the music I create is hugely influenced by those 2 eras of Numans' career).

I do enjoy bits and bobs from "the middle Years" - Berserker, Sacrifice and Pure are all really good albums.

I originally bought Polymode, Miniverse and Mercury-4 to re-create the sounds from Numans' "classic years" and later added the Octave Cat to emulate some his ARP Odyssey sounds (gets pretty close)
porcytree

Post by porcytree »

utdgrant wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:59 pm
c10 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:41 pm Happy New Year!
Happy New Year to you, too!

Yes, instant Gary Numan fan from when I first heard "Are 'Friends' Electric?" in the UK singles chart (1979???).

Also, an instant Polymode owner when it appeared in the Cherry Audio Store! :lol: In fact, it was my first ever purchase from CA and remains my favourite 'Instrument' in their catalogue (i.e. not including Voltage Modular and its library of modules and bundles).
Me too.
+
Mine too.

Bought it purely to replicate the Vox Humana sound but was surprised at the range of sounds I was able to get from it.
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

Those resonators tho!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2024-01-03 at 8.47.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-01-03 at 8.47.04 PM.png (281.19 KiB) Viewed 19382 times

Return to “Polymode Synthesizer”