Program Changes work on stanalone app, but not when hosted via vst

Miniverse is a painstaking virtual emulation of the granddaddy of all portable synthesizers.
OliverDay

Program Changes work on stanalone app, but not when hosted via vst

Post by OliverDay »

Just the title really.
Program Changes messages to select preset work on stand-alone app, but not when Miniverse is hosted via vst in Cantabile? Any idea why? It should work for both. I can see the messages coming on on the Midi monitor but not having an effect.
Steve W

Re: Program Changes work on stanalone app, but not when hosted via vst

Post by Steve W »

OliverDay wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:05 am Program Changes messages to select preset work on stand-alone app, but not when Miniverse is hosted via vst in Cantabile? Any idea why? It should work for both. I can see the messages coming on on the Midi monitor but not having an effect.
Under Settings > Interface, is "MIDI Program Changes Should Change Current Preset" checked?
OliverDay

Post by OliverDay »

Hi Steve, thanks for your response.
Yes that settings check box is ticked (both vst and when stand-alone) but it still only responds in the stand-alone app.
Oliver.
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

With some DAWs/Hosts VST3s don't respond to program changes. Have you tried the dll (VST) version?
OliverDay

Post by OliverDay »

Yes, thanks, that works now with the one labelled VST2 Synth in Cantabile. I get the same result in reaper (vst2/vst works, vst3 doesn't). So you learn something new everyday.
I have quite a big session for what I was using it for, so might go with a different method (CC channel switcher) to keep cpu down while the plugins are inactive.

Return to “Miniverse Synthesizer”