Mangled installation path

Dreamsynth is a tribute to the celebrated hybrid analog/digital synthesizers of the mid-to-late 1980s.
spushnik

Mangled installation path

Post by spushnik »

Hi, for some reason the slashes on the Dreamsynth default installation path on Mac are backlashes \ instead of forward slashes /. So instead of the Dreamsynth files going to their proper place inside the path ~/Library/CherryAudio/Dreamsynth (ie. Dreamsynth folder within Cherryaudio folder within the Library folder), the files go to a folder named "Library\CherryAudio\Dreamsynth" that resides within my home folder. Some files go to the proper location within the Library, after using the plugin though.

This is mainly an annoyance, not a huge problem, but would be nice to keep my home folder tidy and to make sure the Dreamsynth files are all in their proper place.

Any idea if this can be fixed by the user, or if this requires an update on Cherry Audio part?
cherryaudio Robert
Site Admin

Re: Mangled installation path

Post by cherryaudio Robert »

I checked with Support, and this is related to the issue last year with the macOS Ventura update. It seems that you may have updated to Ventura without updating your version of Dreamsynth (version history here). Please download and install the latest version from the Downloads page.

Once updated the software will point back to the correct User Library locations and the erroneous folders can be deleted from your home directory. However, if you have saved any User presets since updating to Ventura, you will first want to copy those over from the folders in your home directory.
Robert
--
Robert Saint John, Director of Marketing
Cherry Audio

Return to “Dreamsynth”