Feature request - Editing VoltageLine's endpoint

seal58

Feature request - Editing VoltageLine's endpoint

Post by seal58 »

This topic is related to creating a module front in VMD.
When objects are rather close to each other, it is helpful, that keyboard arrow keys can be used to move the object instead of mouse cursor.

While holding Strg-key one can also edit width and height of all marked objects. This does not work for VoltageLine. When using arrow key while Strg is hold, an unvisible area hides endpoint's handle first, then whole line. Coordinates stay unchanged.

:idea:
I recommend to add a similiar edit function to VoltageLine:
- Holding Strg-key and pushing Left or Right arrow keys decrease / increase endpoint's X-Value.
- Holding Strg-key and pushing Up or Down arrow keys decrease / increase endpoint's Y-Value.
ColinP

Re: Feature request - Editing VoltageLine's endpoint

Post by ColinP »

For anyone confused Strg is how Ctrl is marked on German keyboards. It stands for steuerung which means control in German.

Yup, editing lines in VMD is a proper pain in the backside. I've developed a set of shortcuts that work but they are anything but intuitive so a big +1 for anything that would improve things.
seal58

Post by seal58 »

ColinP wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 2:07 pm For anyone confused Strg is how Ctrl is marked on German keyboards. It stands for steuerung which means control in German.
Thanks. I forgot to translate that.
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

+1 on this one for me. While we're requesting line-related things, I'd like to see the render bug that fuzzes some lines fixed. I'd bet it's a half-pixel approximation that's to blame. Seen that in many a game (none I worked on, I'm happy to say :D ).

Reid
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76

Return to “Module Designer”