Internal Clock Freezing?

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
Centripidity

Internal Clock Freezing?

Post by Centripidity »

Anyone else had this happen to them before? It has happened to me several times over the past week.

https://youtube.com/shorts/gErEtnk1XQM

Basically, it looks as though the internal sampling clock has stopped. I can manipulate controls on modules, load and save presets etc. but nothing actually runs. Notice in the video that, although the LFO controls respond, the LED never blinks because there is no output.

Is this a bug or have I just broken something?

Closing down and reopening solves the problem
seal58

Re: Internal Clock Freezing?

Post by seal58 »

I recommend to contact CA service. To analyze the issue, they will need some information on your computer system and other circumstances.

When that issue occurs next time, you should send a copy of actual Voltage log file and preset file to CA service.
On Window you can find that log file in C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Roaming\Voltage\Logs
Preset file is in a subfolder of C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Roaming\Voltage\Presets\User Presets
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

Do you have another app that is hogging the audio output driver? For instance VM does this if I have left the VMD test client accidentally running in the background.
Centripidity

Post by Centripidity »

ColinP wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:21 am Do you have another app that is hogging the audio output driver? For instance VM does this if I have left the VMD test client accidentally running in the background.
Colin,

That could be it. It has only happened while I've been developing modules and sometimes, when nasty things go wrong in VMD (like recurring exceptions in ProcessSample()), I've noticed that even aborting the debug session does not completely close down the VMD test client, even though it superficially appears to be gone.
Centripidity

Post by Centripidity »

It seems (I can't be certain at this stage) to only happen after I do a manual refresh in VM to download the latest module versions. I also think that I might have had Logic open when this happens, though once again I can't be certain of that. I'm using VM as a stand alone app so it might be having trouble playing nicely with Logic.
AllanH

Post by AllanH »

On my system, the UI of VM modules pauses while downloading and installing updates. If I have a midi-keyboard connected I can still play but the UI is frozen for several seconds.

Return to “Voltage Modular”