2.70 update has big problem with touch monitor

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
snthrbt

2.70 update has big problem with touch monitor

Post by snthrbt »

I tried the 2.70 update today. and I got into big trouble.
I can't control the knobs with touch monior.
Even if I touch the knob, the rack is forcibly dragged.
I took a video.
https://youtu.be/w59fUlYlD5s

I'm back to the previous version..
The reason I chose VM was multi-touch support. And very happy with it.
I hope Cherry Audio is interested in developing multi-touch gestures.
ColinP

Re: 2.70 update has big problem with touch monitor

Post by ColinP »

Same problem on my touch screen.

Although I hadn't noticed this 2.70 change untill now, I guess I've recently only used touch on small patches. The knobs turn with no scrolling in this case.

Have you contacted CA support? Because this needs fixing.

Plus one on gestures too. It would be great to be able to do two finger zooms and scrolls.
snthrbt

Post by snthrbt »

ColinP wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:47 am Same problem on my touch screen.

Although I hadn't noticed this 2.70 change untill now, I guess I've recently only used touch on small patches. The knobs turn with no scrolling in this case.

Have you contacted CA support? Because this needs fixing.

Plus one on gestures too. It would be great to be able to do two finger zooms and scrolls.
oh, I didn't realize that CA support. I'll send messege now. thank you Colin!
BBFricotinero

Post by BBFricotinero »

Hi guys,

has this issue been resolved since then?

I'm actually very interested in purchasing a touchscreen to control the VM, but I'm really not that familiar with this technology.

It would be great if you or anyone else could advise me on what type of product to buy and the most practical optimal screen size to save me from making a purchase inappropriate and above all be able to take advantage of as many possibilities as possible (I saw that Viewsonic seems to have some great series for sale...but which model to choose?!)

Thanks in advance!

Bradner
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

Unfortunately, VM is still on 2.7.0 so no change.

I wouldn't recommend investing in a touch screen just for VM use (my laptop happens to already have a touch screen).

It works fine with buttons and when the patch fits on screen but if the height of your patch is greater than the window then when you use touch the window scrolls up and down as well as it changing the knob or slider setting. As shown in the video posted by snthrbt.

This might actually be a problem with how VM handles key presses as I think the touch motion is being translated into virtual cursor key presses as well as virtual mouse movement and it's maybe the key presses that are causing the unwanted scrolling. If so, a simple mod by CA that makes VM ignore cursor keys when the mouse button is down would fix it.
BBFricotinero

Post by BBFricotinero »

Hello ColinP ,

I really thank you for taking the time to give me such a detailed and relevant response so quickly.
In light of your opinion and your expertise, I'm going to postpone my purchase for the moment, and continue to use your modules (downright brilliants, it must be said!) in the traditional way.

Thanks again :D :D :D

Bradner
snthrbt

Post by snthrbt »

Multitouch works well in VM 2.55 without any problems.
If you want to use 10-point multitouch with fingers, I recommend at least 24 inches.
It's not efficient to purchase touchscreens just for VM.
Highly recommended for Bitwig Studio.

Return to “Voltage Modular”