Noise Reduction for tape hiss.

Stardust 201 is a hot-rodded interpretation of the classic Roland "Space Echo" tape echo effects of the 70s and 80s.
JackHarris

Re: Noise Reduction for tape hiss.

Post by JackHarris »

Not to dogpile this, but I agree, please provide an option for no noise.
dna598

Post by dna598 »

hello.

I registered here just to say please implement "noise off".

Stardust sounds so lush but by the time I've got a couple of instances going, what with buss and master compression, loudening, (and in my case, console emulation) the noise is intolerable.

Thanks
dtonthept

Post by dtonthept »

Hey all,

I just wanted to echo (no pun intended) that I'm loving the sound and functionality of Stardust 201 but am absolutely 100% desperate for a no-noise toggle. Likewise registered exclusively for this point.

I make a living mixing records and this noise is killing me, causing so many problems downstream of performing the mix itself, I'm having to add in so many additional steps to counteract the noise, and the more instances I use, the more times I'm having to do all those same tasks over and over again (mainly automating noise removal, but this is also a huge issue when it comes to printing stems and alt mixes etc)

I always start with the factory default and dial in for the song, so this isn't a case of one of the presets causing more problems than another.

Would love a simple "noise off" switch like pretty much every other vintage emulation has - and I don't want to consign Stardust to the "I don't use this because I can't switch off the added noise" pile like i have with some other great plugins.

Thanks and keep up the great work!
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

Authenticity notwithstanding, no virtual emulation of a vintage synth or effects device should include noise or hum without the option to shut it off.
dna598

Post by dna598 »

The noise is up at -36 db after all the processing on my project. It's taking up practically half the master meter. I understand the need for authenticity, but noise is not a desirable aspect of old gear.
Is the reason Cherry won't implement "noise off" because it won't sound as good?
dougdi

Post by dougdi »

I just registered to add my request for a method to remove the hiss. It’s not a useful feature at all, it ruins using it. What 201 alternatives are there that are not hissy?
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

Has this issue seriously not been resolved? I demo'ed it long ago so I can't test it anymore. But I certainly wouldn't buy anything that features a built-in, unremovable noise floor.
dtonthept

Post by dtonthept »

Just a bump on the request for noise floor off switch. Love this plug otherwise 🥂
miketemplar

Post by miketemplar »

t's quite sad this hasn't been implemented yet. Stardust 201 is such a great tool. Why don't you just simply implement that "noise off" button? Must take effect with every preset.

Return to “Stardust 201 Tape Echo”