Loading VM Presets

Centripidity

Loading VM Presets

Post by Centripidity »

I suspect the answer is "no" but I'll ask anyway. Is there any way to load a VM preset into the VMD test bed?

Constantly making tweaks and republishing to check if a module is compatible with old presets is a tedious process.
UrbanCyborg

Re: Loading VM Presets

Post by UrbanCyborg »

The debug environment doesn't support them, no. It does some other jiggery-pokery to debug it to the minimal extent it does. Other than that, I think you'd just have to run the routine in VM with some log functionality installed, and debug from the saved log.

Reid
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76
Centripidity

Post by Centripidity »

UrbanCyborg wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:47 am I think you'd just have to run the routine in VM with some log functionality installed, and debug from the saved log.

Reid
Yeah, it's tedious but it turned out to be valuable. I was having a problem with a module that would, under repeatable circumstances, crash in VMD when I quit it. Nothing I could do in the debugger got me any closer to finding out why. When I published and loaded it into VM the problem just went away. No crashes. It seems as though it was something in the debug environment that was hanging when I quit the module.
Last edited by Centripidity on Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

That's curious. It's usually the other way around, where the debug environment protects you from various run-time errors that the release environment doesn't. Of course, VMD's debug environment isn't a 100% faithful recreation of VM's.

Reid
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76

Return to “Module Designer”