N-Step released

ColinP

N-Step released

Post by ColinP »

N-Step has finally arrived!

https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/n-step-sequencer

Extensive documentation is available on the Adroit website at https://www.adroitsynthesis.com/n-step/

The introduction and quick start guide are essential reading.

A short youtube demo of a one bar loop playing is available at https://youtu.be/NaTSvo6PCUk

I'm hoping that N-Step has wide appeal so I've set the price to be as affordable as possible. Also if you have the Adroit Granular Synth or LSSP XL you will get an automatic 20% discount.
seal58

Re: N-Step released

Post by seal58 »

Hi Colin,

as LSSP did, your N-Step system is amazing full of new ideas. :o
You should let both things be protected by patents.

With respect
Roland
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

Thanks Roland! :D

I do try to produce innovative stuff.

Coming very soon is GS Multiplex. It glues together N-Step and the Granular Synth and is the final jigsaw piece that delivers the main aspects of my Sowing Machine research project. The Sowing Machine was originally going to be just one module but it became way too complicated so I had to split it up into multiple parts - GS MIDI X, N-Step Main, N-Step Aux and GS Multiplex.

GS Multiplex can be used without N-Step as it turns the Granular Synth into a sort of four part multi-timbral synth with a few bells and whistles but the design focus was on building an elegant bridge between N-Step and GS.

Because this idea requires user investment in both N-Step and the Granular Synth I've decided that GS Multiplex will be a free module added to the Granular Synth bundle.

The GS Multiplex software is effectively finished but I need to spend time on documentation before release.

GS Multiplex.png
GS Multiplex.png (171.14 KiB) Viewed 1904 times
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

Yay, something new to play with! And free, to boot! Killer, Colin! :D 8-)

Reid
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76
dayvyg

Post by dayvyg »

Finally got some time to play with this beast. Holy momma! What fun! Thanks for this. :D
seal58

Post by seal58 »

Online N-Step manual is very detailed. It helps user to get familiar with the lot of N-Step capabilities and contains some links to example presets.

Here is a PDF version of it:
https://p-moon-modules.de/docs/adroit S ... manual.pdf
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

dayvyg wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:03 am Finally got some time to play with this beast. Holy momma! What fun! Thanks for this. :D
Glad you are enjoying it!
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

Hi Roland,

I'm wondering what tool you used to convert the html to pdf? It does a much better job than the things I've tried.

Generally I don't publish pdfs because I regularly expand and refine the documentation and that gets lost in a frozen snap-shot, however I sometimes get requests for pdfs and it'd be nice to be able to do a conversion of a current version.
seal58

Post by seal58 »

Hi Colin,

sorry that I published that PDF without asking you for permission before. That's my fault.
First I thaught of sending the PDF to you, but I was so excited by the great N-Step that I wanted to publish the manual instantly.

I use to add PDF manuals for all of my devices and software to my local PDF library in order to have access to it without internet connection anytime. That's why I download all available manuals or I simply copy product descriptions from CA store to TXT files.

I did not use a special tool to create that N-Step manual. I only copied your whole N-Step web page and pasted it into an empty LibreOffice writer document. Then I had to edit picture sizes, picture titles, headlines, table sizes etc. manually.

To create manuals for my products, I use LibreOffice programs too (Writer, Draw, Impress). All these programs offer an export to PDF even by one click. Same method would be possible with MS Office too. As I remember, MS Word even offers an export to HTML format or a "print" to "MS PDF printer".

You're right, there is a risc that downloaded PDF manuals eventually do not match actual module version. That's why I remark version in my manuals AND use different file names for each version. So even when some one uses an old download link, he won't find an invalid PDF version there anymore. Then he would have to visit P.moon web site and to download new doc file from there.

Each publishing variant has advantages and disadvantages. If it would be helpful for you, I could send you that N-Step manual by email (any format). Then you could update it by yourself.

Roland
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

No need to apologize at all Roland. I'm flattered that you wanted to share the PDF file.

I thought you might have found an automatic tool but it sounds like you've had to do a fair amount of work to get that file looking so good. I've tried various export/translation options myself but so far they have all require quite a bit of editing to get reasonable results.

I know some people prefer off-line info but these days it's so easy to get online that I don't bother (even though I have to rely on a sluggish wireless connection all the time). For now I'll stick with just publishing in html as that takes up a hell of a lot of my time.

BTW work on the GS Multiplex documentation is going well so I'll be publishing a link to that soon.

Return to “Adroit Synthesis”