Module Presets

Centripidity

Module Presets

Post by Centripidity »

I seem to be almost the only one asking questions here, at least the only one asking basic questions. I guess I'm just late to this party and the rest of you have been through this learning curve long ago. I'm sincerely grateful for the help I've had here but I'm afraid I still have much to learn.

So, another basic question. I've read what I can find on the topic but it isn't entirely clear in my head. As I develop and test a new module I'm able to add Module Presets and the presets I add in VMD will appear when I load the published module into my copy of VM. Am I right in assuming that those presets are not carried over to the CA Store when I publish the module? If so, how do I distribute those module presets in a way that is convenient (hopefully transparent) to users?

Thanks,
Peter
utdgrant

Re: Module Presets

Post by utdgrant »

To be clear, are you talking about right-clicking a module and saving its current panel settings?

This was previously asked (without answers) on a two-year-old thread.

Best policy, I think, is to build up a preset pack which contains complete patches illustrating different ways to use the module. These days, I tend to use only VM Nucleus modules for demo presets, whenever possible. That way, potential buyers can give your module a good work out during the demo period without owning specific paid-for modules.

BTW, I used Google to search the forums using this URL:

https://www.google.com/search?q=%2B%22m ... yaudio.com

or type

+"module" +"presets" site:forums.cherryaudio.com

into Google's search box. This seems to return better results than the forum's built-in search function.

Post by ColinP »

Don't worry about asking any questions. That's what this forum is for and shared info is useful to all of us.

As far as I know right-click module presets are totally independent of .voltagepreset files i.e. what most of us call patches.

In an ideal world they'd be XML but appear instead to be binary files.

Under Windows they are stored at <user>\AppData\Roaming\Voltage\Presets\__Module_Presets__\com.<manufacturerid>.<moduleid>\<presetname>.modpreset

I'm not sure that they are intended to be distributable.
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

I included two module presets in my recent preset bundle, in a different directory in the .zip file. Whether it unpacks those files to the correct location, I don't know, as it wouldn't show up on my machine, which already has the files in the correct location.

Reid
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76

Return to “Module Designer”