Demo

Centripidity

Demo

Post by Centripidity »

Me again I'm afraid. :-)

I'm about to release my first module but people really need to hear it to see if it's useful to them. I figured I could produce some audio clips but it would be easier, and more useful to potential customers, if they could just demo it for a while. I notice that the Dashboard gives a Demo option. It looks as though I just have to enable that to make a limited time demo available without the need to modify my code.

Is that correct?

Regards,
Peter
ColinP

Re: Demo

Post by ColinP »

Yup.
Centripidity

Post by Centripidity »

Thanks Colin.
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

You're welcome Peter and good luck with your releases. :)

One thing to think about is the demo length. Some devs give incredibly short periods that I think might be counter-productive. People have limited amounts of time and finding that a demo has expired before you've really had chance to make a decision can be frustrating. I use 7 days for simple modules, 14 days for complex modules and 30 days for large bundles like LSSP XL.
Centripidity

Post by Centripidity »

ColinP wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:24 am I use 7 days for simple modules, 14 days for complex modules and 30 days for large bundles like LSSP XL.
Yes, that's basically my thinking. This is simple effect so I made it 7 days. Having said that, when I started with VM I downloaded a demo of your CV Watcher and I think I bought it about 20 minutes later. :-)
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

ColinP wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:24 am People have limited amounts of time and finding that a demo has expired before you've really had chance to make a decision can be frustrating. I use 7 days for simple modules, 14 days for complex modules and 30 days for large bundles like LSSP XL.
Not yours, Colin, but I was considering purchasing a multi-module bundle that was supposed to be a 3-day trial, but which said "expired" after the first day. I couldn't get the bundle to behave properly on day 1 and later found out that it was indeed a 3-day trial. So on day 3, I tried again, this time trying to pinpoint where the issue was. However, its didn't work and I decided not to purchase the bundle because I had no idea if I would ever be able to make it work for me.

I am mentioning this to praise Colin's consumer-centered philosophy. Different module makers make different choices for their own reasons.

Return to “Module Designer”