Installation Manager?

For issues related to the Cherry Audio store and the Sync product management application
tgrey

Installation Manager?

Post by tgrey »

Now that Cherry Audio has such a wide selection of instruments and plugins available, it would be nice to make some of the user admin tasks a little easier and more streamlined. As someone who owns so much of your catalog, I find the process of installing, updating, and uninstalling gets more and more tedious as the collection grows. I'm sure many others are in a similar boat.

It would be great if you guys could release an *OPTIONAL* software manager (similar to Arturia, iZotope, etc) that allows you to perform the admin tasks in one fell swoop if your a user that owns enough products to need it.

Setting up a new laptop took forever to download each installer from separate web pages, and then I have to open each synth every week or so to make sure it doesn't need an update in the middle of a creative session. And then when my laptop had to be RMAd, uninstalling and un-licensing all purchases at once would have been helpful too.

Thanks for considering it, I really hope to see something like this in the future!
huggermugger

Re: Installation Manager?

Post by huggermugger »

100% agreed. Module management for VM is basically non-existent. All we get is a question on startup - "there are updates, do you want to download them?" - no info on what needs to be updated, no option to say yes or no on a module by module basis, no way to check if an update is available for modules (only for VM itself), no option to remove a module from use/view in the browser. And the preliminary scan and update process interferes with the use of the Browser until it's complete, every time. "Getting your stuff" is cute, but losing control over the Browser when they're "getting my stuff" is just annoying. Cherry needs to make the installation/update process user-operable.
tgrey

Post by tgrey »

I was more thinking about the overall product management for synths, effects, and VM itself... not so much about the individual modules for VM.

My thought was to help users be able to set up a new computer (or decommission an old one) with well over a dozen CA products with far less hassle.

I do think your suggestion is a great one too, but I'd imagine it would probably be something internal to VM itself, since it's managing the modules VM will use. And that wasn't really what I was suggesting with this thread.

But who knows how CA might implement either of these ideas, if they see fit!
dayvyg

Post by dayvyg »

huggermugger wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:08 am 100% agreed. Module management for VM is basically non-existent. All we get is a question on startup - "there are updates, do you want to download them?" - no info on what needs to be updated, no option to say yes or no on a module by module basis, no way to check if an update is available for modules (only for VM itself), no option to remove a module from use/view in the browser. And the preliminary scan and update process interferes with the use of the Browser until it's complete, every time. "Getting your stuff" is cute, but losing control over the Browser when they're "getting my stuff" is just annoying. Cherry needs to make the installation/update process user-operable.
Completely agree with this! The update check at the start of VM essentially renders VM useless until it completes. I'd even be fine with a pop-up at startup that gives users the option to update.
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

tgrey wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:07 pm I was more thinking about the overall product management for synths, effects, and VM itself... not so much about the individual modules for VM.

My thought was to help users be able to set up a new computer (or decommission an old one) with well over a dozen CA products with far less hassle.

I do think your suggestion is a great one too, but I'd imagine it would probably be something internal to VM itself, since it's managing the modules VM will use. And that wasn't really what I was suggesting with this thread.

But who knows how CA might implement either of these ideas, if they see fit!
Yeah, sorry, I did go off topic, but as you say, hopefully CA sees any of this and thinks about it.
tgrey

Post by tgrey »

HAHA. I think we can consider this one "Resolved". Thanks again Cherry Audio! :D
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

Yes! If anybody hasn't already checked it out: Cherry Audio Sync

Greg

Return to “Cherry Audio Store”