Would happily buy CA2600, but...

The Cherry Audio CA2600 is a powerful, self-contained duophonic synthesizer inspired by the groundbreaking ARP 2600 synthesizer.
dannyk

Would happily buy CA2600, but...

Post by dannyk »

The neccessity to be online even for trying out the demo effectively puts me off. Some of my DAW machines are totally offline. I'm sure there are many people with my point of view. Please consider it, Cherry Audio.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Re: Would happily buy CA2600, but...

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback! You can just briefly connect to the internet to activate and then use it offline if you want.

Greg
shawbee216

Post by shawbee216 »

Same feeling as OP, having to be online to activate and grab new packages is not desirable, always having to go online.
My workstations are airgapped and modified, soon as i put a pc i dont trust it. I have a number of products registered to my email but the whole "being online" thing puts me off of using them and buying more packages :(
Yearofthegoat

Post by Yearofthegoat »

Without going online, how do you obtain any software at all? How do you email, or post on here? How did you initially set up your workstations?

Maybe Cherry can provide an install file, or files, to patch with? Either way the origin of the files would be online (unless you live near their HQ, I guess, then you could rock up with a USB stick).
seal58

Post by seal58 »

Yearofthegoat wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:16 pm Without going online, how do you obtain any software at all? How do you email, or post on here? How did you initially set up your workstations?
That's what I use to do. With a "dirty" PC I load software to a server and let check it with a ransomware preventer. Then I install that software to the DAW station from there. So latter can stay "clean".
Several software producers provide an offline activation by exchange of product code and activation code. Other producers use a "licence manager", that allows to transfer a licence token from one machine to another.
So a DAW COULD stay offline.

During last years I often heared, that music producers do never connect their work stations to the web. That'a question of safety and indeed the right way to protect their work.
shawbee216

Post by shawbee216 »

We can download the main installers from our Library page but i cant download Sampler II(for instance) or any other additional modules we buy but if we are signed in and get the installers why cant we get additional modules the same way?

As for activation im all for a challenge+responce method, transfer the files to and from your offline daw to your internet machine(with a f-ton of security software and cpu fixes that kill cpu performance) to your customised for performmance daw machine.

I am all for CA protecting their (excellent)work i just wish they would be a bit more flexible on download and activation options. :)

I have bought but havnt used the Modular and Sampler II yet but i would like to get some modules that may not be included in the base modular package.
hexfix93

Post by hexfix93 »

Who is not online these days? I mean... I am a bit scared to use these live on my laptop though...
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

Having problems running our offline shouldn't be a problem. If anybody is having problems using Cherry Audio plugins offline, please send in a support ticket so we can figure out what's going on.

The most common problem at one point was using a mix of really old and new versions of the plugins at the same time, so make sure you're updated to the latest version of your Cherry Audio plugins. At any rate, if you're running into this problem, support should be able to help.

Greg

Return to “CA2600 Synthesizer”