Voltage Modular 1.3.3 released! Plus a massive wave of new modules!

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
Cherry Dan
Site Admin

Voltage Modular 1.3.3 released! Plus a massive wave of new modules!

Post by Cherry Dan »

Today, we’ve released Voltage Modular 1.3.3, a significant new update to Voltage Modular. This powerful update includes:
  • Multi Threaded Mixing - On a fast computer with multiple cores, this feature can improve mixing performance considerably, but it will also use more CPU. You can activate this powerful new feature on the new CPU page of the Settings dialog.
  • The mixing process has been improved in multiple ways for more efficient mixing.
  • A shopping cart has been added to the Store tab. You can now add multiple items to the shopping cart and purchase them in one transaction. The shopping cart is also available on our web store.
  • Labels! Labels in different styles and colors can be added to any module. These labels can be placed anywhere on a module, and remain part of a module whether it’s moved, copied, etc. Great for making sense of complex patches.

As always, Voltage Modular will automatically download the new version, or you can get it immediately by visiting https://store.cherryaudio.com/my/library.

In addition, there’s a flood of exciting new modules available! Over 75 new modules have been released, including:

New Voltage Core Modules – FREE for Voltage Core owners! These modules include:
  • Sync To MIDI Clock - Converts Sync signal to MIDI Clock messages. Includes trigger/gate inputs for sending MIDI Start and MIDI Stop messages. Allows you to sync external MIDI gear to your DAW's tempo, or to a tempo generated by a Sync Generator module.
  • MIDI Clock Divider - Allows accurate synchronization to MIDI Clock. Divides from four beats to 1/32-notes, including dotted and triplet values. Easily sync Voltage Modular's sequencers to external clock!
  • Trigger To Gate Converter - Converts momentary trigger signals to longer gate signals. Gate length is adjustable between 5 and 5000 milliseconds, and gate length is adjustable with CV.
  • Plus, the Six-Input Mixer and Six-Input Stereo Mixer have been updated to include Mute and Solo buttons on every track.

New Vult Modules – Vult has just released the new Fury Bundle, which includes 8 brand new modules: 3 oscillators, 1 awesome kick drum module, 2 effects, a chaos source, and a cool voltage processor.

New Andrew Macaulay Modules – This awesome collection of control and utility modules is rapidly growing. Andrew Macaulay’s Ultimate Bundle now includes 25 modules and new presets. Plus, two FREE modules, Notes Panel 16HP and Notes Panel 8HP, are now available.

New Benard Modules – 11 different bundles available, including lots of complex and unusual modules designed for creating generative music. Benard's Total Bundle includes 38 modules, including 9 poly modules.

New Hetrick Modules – Veteran module developer Hetrick has entered the Voltage Modular universe, with a suite of new modules in development. His first two FREE modules, Dust and Crackle, are available now.

UnbalancedBeats

Re: Voltage Modular 1.3.3 released! Plus a massive wave of new modules!

Post by UnbalancedBeats »

Thanks for the update! :D
AndyMac

Post by AndyMac »

Looks like a brilliant set of new features and modules.
rene

Post by rene »

Nice work guys from Cherry Audio
scook

Post by scook »

nice update
I notice the image for Bernard Modules shows a Multi-Delay module that is not part of the total bundle (yet?).
Benard

Post by Benard »

scook wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:14 pm nice update
I notice the image for Bernard Modules shows a Multi-Delay module that is not part of the total bundle (yet?).
Yeah, we're still working out the details about some of the modules that should and others that should not be out just yet. The multi-delay will hopefully be out next week though, and will be included in that bundle.
scook

Post by scook »

Thanks for the update. It is a nice collection of modules.
Koshdukai

Post by Koshdukai »

This is a great update :)

I took this opportunity to finally test the "auto-update" of VM for real, since on all previous updates, it never worked, most probably because the official announcement happens sooner than the binaries get available for the auto-update check to work or something like that.

The fact is, that, if I wait half a day, after the release posts, I can finally see the auto-update prompt/warning like I did minutes ago. "YAY!" ...but, after quitting VM 1.2.3 and getting the UAC prompt (I'm on Windows with a non-admin account, so UAC happens) the install started.

"Great !" I thought. After the install, running VM I see "Voltage Modular 1.2.3" still as the window title... so... something's not right here.

Once again, I guess I'll download the build from the site and forget auto-update works :/
Cherry Dan
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Dan »

Koshdukai wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:19 pm After the install, running VM I see "Voltage Modular 1.2.3" still as the window title... so... something's not right here.
We looked at the code today and we think we understand what went wrong with the auto-updater. We rewrote that code today, and we're confident you won't have issues like this in the future - at least, after the next update. )=

Thanks,
Dan
Koshdukai

Post by Koshdukai »

Cherry Dan wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:23 pm
Koshdukai wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:19 pm After the install, running VM I see "Voltage Modular 1.2.3" still as the window title... so... something's not right here.
We looked at the code today and we think we understand what went wrong with the auto-updater. We rewrote that code today, and we're confident you won't have issues like this in the future - at least, after the next update. )=

Thanks,
Dan
Great, thanks :) I'll try again 2 versions from this one, then :)

btw, side-tracking this thread just a bit more... could the installer "remember" the custom VST2 path we set, please? :)
Keep having to type in where to install the VM VST2 dll's, which isn't on the "default" path, in my case.

Return to “Voltage Modular”