VM Issues

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
Geoffrey RW

VM Issues

Post by Geoffrey RW »

Okay, have a bad problem. I just updated my 2600 and VM with the downloads from the site. I can see all 4 .dlls listed inside my Steinberg folder for VST effects and instruments. I have Reason 10 and 11 running on my Dell with Windows 10, and my desktop with Windows 7. On the Dell with Reason 11 both instruments seem to be working fine, in 10 the 2600 is there, but the VM is listed as crashed even after using the enable tab in that window and then reloading 10. In fact, it's not even visible as being in the Cherry folder under Instruments. Just tried my desktop and had exactly the same problem there. Reason 11, all good, reason 10, 2600 there and working, VM not even visible. I have not been using my PCs much for a while now even though I have maintained updates of my many VSTs all along and this is the first time I have had an issue with the Cherry stuff that I wasn;t able to get working again fairly quickly. Any knowledge and suggestions much appreciated.

Geoff
seal58

Re: VM Issues

Post by seal58 »

Do you use 32 and 64 bit systems? On 32 bit systems 64 bit DLLs will not work. Same is for VST3.
Geoffrey RW

Re: VM Issues

Post by Geoffrey RW »

I have it as an option,but discarded using 32 bit stuff a long time ago knowing they would go extinct eventually.

Return to “Voltage Modular”