recommended controller?

GX-80 is Cherry Audio's visionary flagship synthesizer that combines the unparalleled sound and features of the fabled GX-1 "Dream Machine"and its renowned descendant the CS-80 to create a powerhouse hybrid.
cherryaudio Robert
Site Admin

Re: recommended controller?

Post by cherryaudio Robert »

EricP1954 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:59 am Just curious...I'm pulling the trigger on a Hydrasynth Explorer so that I can have all the great polyphonic aftertouch and velocity sensitive keys, and forgive me if this has been answered someplace else, but can the ribbon controller on the Hydrasynth be set up to control the ribbon controller on the GX-80? Would be interested too in any workaround solutions to make this happen.
Hydrasynth Explorer does not have a ribbon, AFAIK. But the ribbon on my Hydrasynth Keyboard version (49 keys) has been an excellent controller for GX-80. You just have to go into Settings on the Hydrasynth and change the ribbon setting to transmit MIDI pitch messages (see my post right above yours)
Robert
--
Robert Saint John, Director of Marketing
Cherry Audio
EricP1954

Post by EricP1954 »

utdgrant wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:56 pm Just a thought...

If you already have a controller with "monophonic aftertouch" / "channel pressure", the PPG Polyphonic Pressure Generator by Tim Shoebridge can go some way towards giving you that poly pressure response without having to invest in new hardware. It's currently available for $19 in the CA Store.
This is intriguing. I have an Arturia Keystep and it has channel aftertouch and velocity sensitive minikeys. Since PPG is a module to work inside of VM, can you explain the I/O and signal path to set this up in a DAW to use with the GX-80?
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

EricP1954 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:20 pm This is intriguing. I have an Arturia Keystep and it has channel aftertouch and velocity sensitive minikeys. Since PPG is a module to work inside of VM, can you explain the I/O and signal path to set this up in a DAW to use with the GX-80?
You'd be using VM purely as a MIDI processor so there would be no audio routing involved. You would have to refer to your DAW's instructions on how to perform the MIDI routing between the Keystep and the GX-80 plug-in. Then, how to get the audio from the GX-80 back into an audio track on the DAW.

There are tutorial / demo videos and a user guide for PPG on Tim Shoebridge's website.

Post by EricP1954 »

utdgrant wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:01 pm
EricP1954 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:20 pm This is intriguing. I have an Arturia Keystep and it has channel aftertouch and velocity sensitive minikeys. Since PPG is a module to work inside of VM, can you explain the I/O and signal path to set this up in a DAW to use with the GX-80?
You'd be using VM purely as a MIDI processor so there would be no audio routing involved. You would have to refer to your DAW's instructions on how to perform the MIDI routing between the Keystep and the GX-80 plug-in. Then, how to get the audio from the GX-80 back into an audio track on the DAW.

There are tutorial / demo videos and a user guide for PPG on Tim Shoebridge's website.
Wouldn't you know the d*#n page is down?
tarkus1971

Post by tarkus1971 »

I now have a Hydrasynth, I use it as a controller and it works really well with the CA collection I have.

Return to “GX-80 Synthesizer”