This Won't play

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
theWholeSandwich

This Won't play

Post by theWholeSandwich »

are there any redundant modules?
Attachments
Aarrddddd.voltagepreset
(670.8 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
SpaceDog

Re: This Won't play

Post by SpaceDog »

It does "play"

Well, it makes a noise, so it is definitely "playing". I did notice that you're bringing in "Decent Sampler" and maybe something else, I just clicked away the warnings.That's irrelevant to you if you have that working OK.

It seems overly-complicated

Overall, I would say that it's rather complicated and hence debugging at this stage is pretty hard, especially for someone else. As I said it does play, but whether or not it's playing what you actually intended is another thing altogether. As a very personal point of view, I rarely find the need for such complication. Even when I aim for complexity, I avoid complication - and if I can't, I often break things down into working units that do their job.These can then be combined within one patch, or broken out across several if it's getting silly.

Break it Down

My suggestion is to break it down (even if it means disconnecting a few things - Hoox is a good, free way to keep track when you do this) and test each part. Did you test this in sections and then blend together or was it an iterative build...? If the latter, then you may even be able to backtrack to spot what stopped it "working".

Your Question...

Probably, but it's hard to see the wood for the trees :D Seriously, break it down a bit and test small pieces.
theWholeSandwich

Thanks for the response and a good Idea. Made some adjustments so I can see clearly what to take out, hopefully without compromising its sonic qualities. Sorry to be so vague initially. It is, of course, overloading the CPU as always. The reason it is so disheveled is I had to move stuff around so I could access certain parameters while recording, and then I moved stuff around so it would shrink down the horizontal size. Then I added one more synth and it slowed down to a crackling crawl...hence the mess. I think I can add another Macaulay's' Matrix switch and get rid of some of those 6 ch mixers

I WILL NEVER UNDERSTND WHY CONSOLE MIXER HAS NO INPUT TRIMS!! I AM NOT SURE WHY I AM STILL USING THE CONSOLE MIXER

CERTAINLY, BUILDING MY OWN EFFECTS SEND AND RETURN IS POSSIBLE
Attachments
Aarrddddd.voltagepreset
(670.83 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
theWholeSandwich

Decent Sampler is slow. It was replaced with a partial oscillator w, feedback modulation, reverb, and white noise with little difference

Return to “Voltage Modular”