Cannot install on second machine

Dreamsynth is a tribute to the celebrated hybrid analog/digital synthesizers of the mid-to-late 1980s.
Ian Craig

Cannot install on second machine

Post by Ian Craig »

trying to install Dreamsynth on new machine, so it will be on 2. It says I have reached the maximum number of users & directs me to the store which lists 2 machines for all product. So I try to sign into the store support thing which won't let me sign in using my password, then won't let me reset the password to the one that I was using.
Just to be clear, I had it on one machine, I copied the files from the original to get my presets, after installing it on the second machine. I keep getting 'your machine has changed in some way'. Fine (working backwards through the alphabet), I get to Dreamsynth & this starts. How many Installations is allowed & why has this stopped working with the second machine ?
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz,
2TB SSD etc, 40GB RAM,
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (Audio Interface)
Mixcraft 7,8 (& sometimes 9) Pro Studio
Ian Craig

Re: Cannot install on second machine

Post by Ian Craig »

Okay, I deleted the second machine and re-installed it. So you can close this. I hope my presets and preferences remain.
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz,
2TB SSD etc, 40GB RAM,
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (Audio Interface)
Mixcraft 7,8 (& sometimes 9) Pro Studio
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

Just guessing, but my guess is that something in the files you copied contained a description of the machine you first installed to. Copying that to a second machine resulted in the message that something about your machine had changed, since the installer on the second machine was then claiming to be the first machine, implicitly.

Reid
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76
Yearofthegoat

Post by Yearofthegoat »

Gosh! Glad I read this - I have Dreamsynth on 3 machines at the moment. Was just for testing purposes so I'll go and delete the not-needed machine.
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

You can install on up to four machines, I believe. If you install from scratch this issue won't arise; it just happened because you copied some files you shouldn't have. So long as you only copy preset files, you should be okay.

Reid
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76

Return to “Dreamsynth”