LOGIC

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
theWholeSandwich

LOGIC

Post by theWholeSandwich »

Is there any way to change the pitch of this Super oscillator while remaining true to the single oscillator/Boolean logic driven hardcore techno song?
Attachments
Ingratiator.voltagepreset
(205.22 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
Steve W

Re: LOGIC

Post by Steve W »

theWholeSandwich wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:50 am Is there any way to change the pitch of this Super oscillator while remaining true to the single oscillator/Boolean logic driven hardcore techno song?
I don't have the squeeze compressor, so I am not sure I have the complete patch. I see many modules that are not connected, including the Boolean logic module and others adjacent to it.

I can change the pitch of the Super Oscillator, but it is unclear whether or not it is being "true" to anything else. What does being "true to the single oscillator/Boolean logic driven hardcore techno song" mean?
theWholeSandwich

here is an updated version. drop in the compress module and check it out. the plugins are from left to right: TAL reverb 64 free, TDR Nova also free. I like the tone/note of that bass. maybe I'll just fatten it up and modulate it or try a random task!
Attachments
(412.47 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

Sounds like you are having fun working on that patch. You hooked up the pitch CV to the Super Osc the same way I did. I assume that's what you were originally looking for.
theWholeSandwich

oddly I can still only get one note without cheating
theWholeSandwich

This is OK with the random task and quantizer, but can anyone please tell me how to get some 16th notes with the "bassline"? There is some redundant stuff in there as well...
Attachments
(417.46 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

You might try using one of Andrew Macaulay's ratcheting modules; they're designed with that sort of thing in mind. If you don't have his stuff, I highly recommend getting his Ultimate Bundle; it's a steal at the price, is currently on sale, and so far, has always automatically included any new stuff he writes. I got it early on, and have probably gotten around thirty or better modules for free that way. And it's not like there are losers in the collection; it gleams.

Reid
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76

Return to “Voltage Modular”