Cutting Out When Moving Mouse Around (or Touch) in Cubase (Windows)

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
AndyMac

Cutting Out When Moving Mouse Around (or Touch) in Cubase (Windows)

Post by AndyMac »

Just purchased the early access and installed on a Windows 10 x64 i7-8700K with 16GB RAM (so powerful PC) and integrated GPU. Installed stand-alone and as a VST3 for Cubase 9.5 (latest version - v9.5.30 64-bit).

All loads fine, but when playing it as a plug-in in Cubase it cuts out if I move the mouse around some areas of the GUI or use touch on the touch screen I have. Runs fine if I don't move the mouse or use the touch screen on any of the Voltage Modular GUI.

Just tried it stand-alone and seems to work fine and tried it as a plugin with Cakewalk SONAR Platinum and that seems ok - so looks to be specific issue around interactions with the VST3 handling in Cubase.

Hopefully this is just a bug in the pre-release version and hope it will be fixed soon.
Cherry Garcia
Site Admin

Re: Cutting Out When Moving Mouse Around (or Touch) in Cubase (Windows)

Post by Cherry Garcia »

Andy,

We are actively working on this. Thanks for reporting it! (=
AndyMac

Post by AndyMac »

Great. If you want me to test it before you release it wider, happy to help out.
Cherry Garcia
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Garcia »

We have made some progress on this. We found that if you go into the Studio Setup and uncheck "Activate Multi Processing" it seems that the audio glitches go away. We are contacting Steinberg and the problem appears to be related to threads starting and stopping. Let us know if this change helps remedy the problem for you too. Thanks for your patience.
AndyMac

Post by AndyMac »

That does stop the issue happening, and so hopefully helps identify the underlying problem, but obviously is not a long-term fix given that multiprocessing is so critical these days and as it also enables ASIO Guard features.
Cherry Garcia
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Garcia »

AndyMac,

We definitely are pursuing a real fix and are awaiting information from Steinberg. This is a very strange problem, for sure. As far as we know, it doesn't happen in any other DAWs. I tried playing around with ASIO Guard and that did not alleviate the problem, unfortunately. So far, the only workaround is to turn off multi-threading. Of course, we understand that is not a final solution...but it is a clue into the problem.
AndyMac

Post by AndyMac »

Thanks
AndyMac

Post by AndyMac »

Hi Cherry Garcia
Any further news/progress on this yet? or any idea of roughly how long it might take to resolve the issue?
Cherry Garcia
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Garcia »

We are still waiting for feedback from Steinberg. We gave them some test results and information...but we are still waiting for a reply. )= Obviously, this is our #1 issue right now. Feel free to give Steinberg some pressure, if you would like. (=
Cherry Garcia
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Garcia »

Here is the link to our issue on the Cubase/Steinberg forum.

https://sdk.steinberg.net/viewtopic.php ... 1795#p1795

Return to “Voltage Modular”