Granular Synth Breakout

UrbanCyborg

Re: Granular Synth Breakout

Post by UrbanCyborg »

I rather suspect that the underlying problem here is that, unless I miss my guess, English is not PoorFellow's first language (and I apologize if I'm wrong there). Whatever PoorFellow's main language is, I think it might have syntactic differences in modes of expression compared to English that, when used to structure an English discourse, don't come across as intended. I have to admit, were I the target of PoorFellow's messages, I'd feel like I'd been attacked.

A second point that probably most of our users miss is that determining how to release and bundle modules, as well as how to price them isn't generally something a developer just tosses off blithely. It takes a lot of reasoning about what the market will bear, guesses as to how well modules will be accepted, and what's reasonable to cover development costs. I'm in the process of releasing the thirteen modules that represent my last year's work in VM, and I can guarantee that I'll never see even the smallest fraction of return on that year of effort. Like Colin, and probably like most of the other developers, I'm not in it for the money, because there's not that much there to be had. You'd probably be surprised at what a sizable chunk the transaction fees alone take; I'm sure that a lot of modules have been released at price points that don't even cover the transaction costs (one of the reasons my modules are priced as they are is that I don't want to cheat Cherry Audio by pricing so that their percentage goes to zero). I've only got two small bundles out, but I thought a long time before putting those bundles together. They exist mainly to make my lesser efforts more palatable. At the time Colin released his GS Bundle, I wondered why the extender wasn't in it, as well, but figured that he had his reasons; well, now I know what they were. I don't believe he was being deliberately disingenuous. In fact, I'd have to say that his documentation and web site are among the best I've seen on any topic.

To make a long story not much longer, no one here jumped in without carefully reading PoorFellow's posts; I just don't think they say what the author believes he said.

Reid
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76
PoorFellow

Post by PoorFellow »

UrbanCyborg wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:18 amI rather suspect that the underlying problem here is that, unless I miss my guess, English is not PoorFellow's first language (and I apologize if I'm wrong there). Whatever PoorFellow's main language is, I think it might have syntactic differences in modes of expression compared to English that, when used to structure an English discourse, don't come across as intended. I
Guilty as charged !
:arrow: Don't bother me ! :!:
PoorFellow

Post by PoorFellow »

Steve W wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:06 amI tried to reach out to you in hopes that that you would understand how your post could be interpreted negatively and that you might want to correct that impression. Although my hope was well-intentioned, based on the tone of your direct reply to me, I agree that I erred in my judgment of you.

For the record:
(1) I didn't make up my mind before hand; my comments were based on what you wrote as I read them, not before I read them.
(2) As for choosing not to get involved in the refund issue, I felt that was between Colin and CA and between them and you.
(3) Your verbal hostility towards me (for example, "You have *NOTHING* factual to put all your criticism at , all is your interpretation and you see what you wants to see and ignore what doesn't fit your interpretation ! " tells me you are a hostile communicator. And yes, that is my interpretation based solely on your words. I could cite all sorts of sources about what constitutes a "hostile communicator" but I have other things to do.

Peace.
And "I erred in my judgment of you. "
I were a bit shocked is mostly the word I would choose as to your behavior , until I understood what is going on here....
Developers are the source of bread and butter here and another 'customer' is a dime per dozen (always more where they come from)
And you are just keeping ColinP happy !
So , the universe is always the same , *not as it should be* (as in ought to be) , but as it is and always is.
As for your 'analysis' of me and what I do then as written before then it doesn't matter what I write , you have the power to always be right no matter what.
Nothing is new in connection to what you do and how you behave , this is the internet - where people like you have the power to always be right no matter what...
SpaceDog

Post by SpaceDog »

PoorFellow wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:19 am As for your 'analysis' of me and what I do then as written before then it doesn't matter what I write , you have the power to always be right no matter what.
Nothing is new in connection to what you do and how you behave , this is the internet - where people like you have the power to always be right no matter what...
FFS, calm down. We're talking about some software designed to be fun, or at best a tool for something that should be fun - that's pure projection. I won't say anything further or I'll become part of the problem/conspiracy. I'll just leave it at "calm down". Please. Also, please don't worry about replying, I won't see it.
PoorFellow

Post by PoorFellow »

SpaceDog wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:29 am FFS, calm down.
<--- SNIP --->
I'll just leave it at "calm down".
Another really *funny* comment , so 'funny' because apparently it never occurred to anybody at all to ask ColinP to maybe have 'calmed down' in the first place . I could add more to same extend but it wouldn't serve any purpose..

One of the first things I observed coming to this forum (Cherry Audio) were how many 'great minds' (with respect to sound and programming) that are here. The impression that I will be leaving with alas is that also many apparently have sizable(/sizeable?) egos to match ! :!:
(not saying that it applies to all , I noticed at least one maybe not so much and there are bound to be others)

Return to “Adroit Synthesis”