Feature Request: MIDI Keyboard Navigation Of Favorites

GX-80 is Cherry Audio's visionary flagship synthesizer that combines the unparalleled sound and features of the fabled GX-1 "Dream Machine"and its renowned descendant the CS-80 to create a powerhouse hybrid.
JasonK

Feature Request: MIDI Keyboard Navigation Of Favorites

Post by JasonK »

For all instruments.

Please consider adding the ability to navigate presets and toggle favorites via the MIDI keyboard. This would be especially helpful for quickly auditioning presets and marking favorites (without having to mess with the mouse or QWERTY keyboard).

I mocked up what it might look like in the Settings window, but there may be other places to switch the feature on and off to avoid accidental preset switching during a performance. Just thought the Settings window might be the location that would require the fewest updates for each instrument's UI.
MIDI Keyboard Preset Navigation.jpg
MIDI Keyboard Preset Navigation.jpg (559.79 KiB) Viewed 2016 times
cherryaudio Robert
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request: MIDI Keyboard Navigation Of Favorites

Post by cherryaudio Robert »

The Preset Browser also responds to standard MIDI Program Change messages from a controller that sends them. If you have your Preset Browser filtered to "Favorites" (or Recent, or any Category or Collection), your controller should be able to navigate back and forth through the presets of that selection.

You can also use macOS [⌘+left/right arrow key] or Windows [CTRL+left/right arrow key] keyboard commands to navigate through presets back and forth in the currently selected collection/category.

As for Favorite toggling, we will consider the suggestion for future work on the preset browser, though a new keyboard shortcut would be more likely than using notes.
Robert
--
Robert Saint John, Director of Marketing
Cherry Audio
JasonK

Re: Feature Request: MIDI Keyboard Navigation Of Favorites

Post by JasonK »

Thanks Robert. I figured it might seem a little strange to some to map the preset and favorite navigation to the MIDI keyboard due to potential confusion from overlapping functions, but thought I'd suggest it anyway since I'd love to have the option to work that way (especially when using an 88-key controller). Totally understand if that view isn't shared by the CA team.

Return to “GX-80 Synthesizer”