Call for Beta Testers

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
poetix

Call for Beta Testers

Post by poetix »

Vulpus Labs now has two modules ready for test: Switcheroo and Scapegrace.

Switcheroo looks like this:

switcheroo.png
switcheroo.png (77.34 KiB) Viewed 19787 times
It's a pattern-based 16-step sequencer. Each step, it selects one of four inputs to send to its output, smoothly crossfading between signals whenever the input source is switched. The length of the crossfade is controllable via a knob and can be modulated with a control signal. Each input has its own volume control, and its volume can also be modulated with a control signal, enabling some complex rhythmic effects.

Uses:
  • Trance Gapper - route the same source into multiple inputs, adjusting or modulating the volume of each, and use the grid to produce rhythmically patterned volume modulation effects
    Rhythmic modulation - route the same input source into multiple effects signal chains, and use the grid to switch rhythmically between them, e.g. alternating between a clean and a distorted or filtered signal.
    Source interleaving - interleave multiple input sources, e.g. a guitar and a sequenced synth pattern, or oscillator tones tuned to different pitches for an arpeggiation effect with timbral variation.
Scapegrace looks like this:

scapegrace.png
scapegrace.png (142.99 KiB) Viewed 19787 times
It's a randomising stereo delay effect that maintains a rolling 4-second memory of its inputs, and when triggered selects a random slice of its memory to replay. Up to 16 slices can be replaying simultaneously, and the replays can be fed back into the memory buffer. Each replay slice can be faded in and out with a controllable fade length, and randomly panned within a controllable stereo width. The length of each replay slice is also randomised, within a controllable range.

Its main use for me has been as a guitar effect for creating dreamy soundscapes where fragments of whatever you've just played swirl around without an obvious rhythmic pulse, but I imagine other creative uses are possible.

Both of these modules are now in beta, so if anyone wants to try them (and is willing to let me know if they encounter any bugs, glitches or frustrations), please let me know and I'll add you to the beta program.
London, UK
Developer, Vulpus Labs
Musician, w/trem

Return to “Voltage Modular”