Switch publishing account?

poetix

Switch publishing account?

Post by poetix »

At the moment it seems as if the only opportunity you get to select your commercial publishing account for a new module is the very first time you publish it from the module designer. After that, it's fixed, and if you chose your personal account initially (or hadn't got a commercial account set up at that point) then too bad for you!

There has to be a solution for this, right? I've pinged support, but they only seem to be awake when I'm asleep (timezone differences...), and have made very little progress so far.

How do I get the module I started developing before I bought a commercial license onto my commercial publishing account? I tried deleting it from the personal account via the web console; that just made things worse. Now I can't publish it to the personal account either!
London, UK
Developer, Vulpus Labs
Musician, w/trem
utdgrant

Re: Switch publishing account?

Post by utdgrant »

Have you made sure that the 'company name' part of the Package Name field is defined to be the commercial name, rather than the personal one?
Personal.png
Personal.png (116.89 KiB) Viewed 828 times
Commercial.png
Commercial.png (127.27 KiB) Viewed 828 times
PublishModuleDialog.png
PublishModuleDialog.png (184.74 KiB) Viewed 828 times

Post by poetix »

Short answer is yes - always had that package name even when it was just being published to the personal account.

It turns out you can turn the build counter back to 1, and get another chance at answering the question "which manufacturer do you want to immutably associate this module with" on first publication, by renaming the module (and possibly also the Java class?), e.g. "My Module" -> "My Module 2". So I did that, and it resolved everything.

But it can't be an uncommon scenario that someone starts writing something, gets to the point they think they might like to launch it upon the world, and then goes and purchases a commercial licence? And the problem is, there is no documented path to changing the manufacturer ID on something you've already published once to your personal account.
London, UK
Developer, Vulpus Labs
Musician, w/trem
Centripidity

Post by Centripidity »

poetix wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:56 pm But it can't be an uncommon scenario that someone starts writing something, gets to the point they think they might like to launch it upon the world, and then goes and purchases a commercial licence? And the problem is, there is no documented path to changing the manufacturer ID on something you've already published once to your personal account.
Exactly what I just did.
poetix wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:56 pm It turns out you can turn the build counter back to 1, and get another chance at answering the question "which manufacturer do you want to immutably associate this module with" on first publication, by renaming the module (and possibly also the Java class?), e.g. "My Module" -> "My Module 2". So I did that, and it resolved everything.
This didn't work for me but I was able to get it working by changing, not the Module Name, but the Package Name. I've have successfully published a module to my commercial account with the same module name as it was published to my personal account but with a slightly different package name.

Return to “Module Designer”