arp 2600

The Cherry Audio CA2600 is a powerful, self-contained duophonic synthesizer inspired by the groundbreaking ARP 2600 synthesizer.
11ivan11

arp 2600

Post by 11ivan11 »

Hi What language was used to write this synthesizer, And could you please advise me some books of writing synthesizers. In my case I want to write modular synthesizer with wires to connect modules
UrbanCyborg

Re: arp 2600

Post by UrbanCyborg »

I'm not totally sure about the stand-alone synths, but Voltage Modular's core is written in C++, and the modules themselves are written in Java.

If you want to write modules for Voltage Modular, besides the program itself, you'll need Voltage Modular Designer and some version of the JDK. You can install all of the above for free, although to sell the modules you write, you'll have to pay for a commercial license (currently $99 US). Go to the main Cherry Audio web site and find the free downloads of VM and VMD, and download and install them (read the instructions on how to install VMD carefully; they'll also tell you where you can download a free copy of the JDK).

Besides this, once you've got all that installed and running, you can download and install the VM SDK, which has documentation on VM classes and controls, and several sample modules you can study.

Hope this helps!
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76
11ivan11

Post by 11ivan11 »

I want to write modular synthesizer with wires! If there are some examples with code it may help me to understand!
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

The code samples included in the SDK are what you're looking for, then.
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76
11ivan11

Post by 11ivan11 »

if I could see the code of plugin I be able to understand how to write it
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

11ivan11 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:24 pm if I could see the code of plugin I be able to understand how to write it
I am the developer behind Dome Music Technologies. I have placed the source code for all my modules into the public domain. You can download it on the documentation page of my personal website. (Right down at the bottom of the page).

Return to “CA2600 Synthesizer”