GS MIDI X released

ColinP

GS MIDI X released

Post by ColinP »

A free addition to the Granular Synth bundle has just been released.

GS MIDI X uses time-division multiplexing to turn the Granular Synth into something very close to a fully polyphonic MIDI synthesizer with a large number of voices and support for keyboard splits and polyphonic aftertouch. I still call the setup paraphonic rather than polyphonic for academic reasons discussed in the documentation.

See https://www.adroitsynthesis.com/gs-midi-x-module/ for full details and a range of downloadable .voltagepreset files that demonstrate the basic principles.

Speaking of documentation, I'm planning on spending some time working on the Granular Synth webpage to split it into two or more pages as the current version is a bit monolithic. It takes about two hours to read yet skips over some things so I want to have one page as a reference manual and another that's more application oriented and supported with presets.

Also apologies to anyone waiting for the video material that I promised. I did spend several weeks on this but wasn't happy with the quality of the results. One of many problems was trying to record my voice with nearly 200 geese squabbling just outside the boat. They've moved on now so I'll give it another shot as soon as I can find some time.
ColinP

Re: GS MIDI X released

Post by ColinP »

I've just noticed that a recent update to Wordpress has messed up some of the formatting and buttons on my website. You can still download presets on the GS MIDI X page by clicking on the text but the buttons have disappeared.

I'll try and fix it ASAP.

-------

Edited to say this is now fixed on the GS MIDI X page but it looks like the problem applies to all download file buttons on the Adroit website so it might take a day or so to fix the issue globally.
Last edited by ColinP on Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UrbanCyborg

Re: GS MIDI X released

Post by UrbanCyborg »

Yay, Colin! More goodies for us! The Granular is already a totally kickin' unit. Can't wait to see what the addition does. :D
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76

Return to “Adroit Synthesis”