LSSP melody

basa333

Re: LSSP melody

Post by basa333 »

Hi Colin,

I'm experimenting with LSSP and would like to change keys during a part of song.
I've measured the CV for each key and presumably it would be enough to activate the DC source of each voltage for certain keys and switch them with some sort of sequencer at right time. Is this correct, or is there something else to take into account?

greets and thank you tom
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

Yes, just adding an offset is the correct principle. But in practice one might simply use a different scale or set of chords for the different song parts so you might not need to explicitly add an offset to anything. It all depends on exactly how you wire things up.

Any Adroit module that has a KEY IN or ROOT IN socket can take a DC input that will shift the pitch of all its outputs. And in general any V/Octave signal can be transposed just by adding or subtracting the right voltage.

As an aside I've been doing some testing and I've noticed a problem with some Adroit modules when such bias goes into negative territory (i.e. scales with tonics below C2) as some modules that do quantization round towards zero rather than rounding to the most negative voltage as they should do, so sometimes you can end up with very low pitches that are a labelled or actually sound a semitone sharp.

I doubt most people will run into this problem as generally LSSP uses only positive voltages for pitch but I''m combing through the modules at the moment and submitting updates for approval that will fix this. So this potential problem should disappear in a few days time.
basa333

Post by basa333 »

Hi Colin,
Many thanks for your help

Greets tom
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

Just a quick update to say that the problem that some LSSP modules had when fed negative key or root CVs has now been fixed.

Return to “Adroit Synthesis”