Bug - Andrew Macauley's Gated Signals Module cannot be saved in a preset [fixed]

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
scook

Bug - Andrew Macauley's Gated Signals Module cannot be saved in a preset [fixed]

Post by scook »

I tried sending a report using https://cherryaudio.com/resources/contact but it appears not to work so reporting the problem here.

Using VM.exe v1.2.3 on Win10.

Create a preset with this module. Upon loading the preset, the module is missing.

The module in the Library list is called "Gated Signals" but the title at the top of the module is "Gated Signal"

There is no error message when saving or restoring the preset.
Last edited by scook on Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scook

Re: Bug - Andrew Macauley's Gated Signals Module cannot be saved in a preset

Post by scook »

Tested the rest of AM's modules. The Dual Voltmeter has the same problem.
Cherry Garcia
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Garcia »

We are looking into this now. Thanks for the notice. (=
Cherry Garcia
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Garcia »

Ok we have repaired this database flaw. You will need to Clear your cache, and the old presets will not work, so you will have to re-add the modules.

To clear your cache, go to "Settings" followed by clicking "General" and then click "Clear Cache". It will cause all your modules to re-download, unfortunately, but it fixes the problem.

Also, you will need to load your preset and then re-add the problem modules. These were the only modules that were affected. (Gated Signals and Dual Voltmeter)

Thanks for your report!
scook

Re: Bug - Andrew Macauley's Gated Signals Module cannot be saved in a preset [fixed]

Post by scook »

Thanks for the quick fix.
Curiously, after the fix the presets that used Gated Signals had the module when I opened them.
Only the Dual Voltmeter was missing from the test preset with all the AM modules.

Thanks again
sc
AndyMac

Re: Bug - Andrew Macauley's Gated Signals Module cannot be saved in a preset [fixed]

Post by AndyMac »

Just been testing all my modules as I work on some minor fixes and UI improvements, and looked again at the Dual Voltmeter preset loading issue - and it still seems to be there (the only one which has this issue). I am going to pick this up on the developer forum to try to work out why this is still happening - so if anyone is still facing this issue, I am working on it.
scook

Post by scook »

scook wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:42 am I tried sending a report using https://cherryaudio.com/resources/contact but it appears not to work so reporting the problem here.
Just figured why I could not send a bug report. One needs to log onto the website in order to send the form. Either the form should be removed when not logged in, a notice on the page about the requirement or the restriction removed from the page.

update: send a report about this using the contact form. Received a reply and they are looking into this. There should be no requirement to log into their site for this feature.
DarkStar

Re: Contacting Cherry Audio

Post by DarkStar »

^^^^
It's easier to use the Help Centre:
https://cherryaudio.kayako.com/login
as you can attach screenshots etc

But, you do need to Register there too. If you have contacted Cherry Audio then you may already have been Registered.
DarkStar ... interesting, if true. // Inspired by ...
scook

Post by scook »

I just started send mail directly to support@cherryaudio.com

Return to “Voltage Modular”