Student discount

For issues related to the Cherry Audio store and the Sync product management application
Mr_Human

Student discount

Post by Mr_Human »

A lot of music software makers provide student discounts, does Cherry Audio as well? And if not, are there any plans?
Steve W

Re: Student discount

Post by Steve W »

Mr_Human wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:16 am A lot of music software makers provide student discounts, does Cherry Audio as well? And if not, are there any plans?
At Cherry Audio's prices, if you are going to consider students for one class (students) to get discounts, how about extending the break with low-income, senior citizen discounts? Also, since women historically tend to be under-represented in various fields, including electronic music, please consider offering the same discount to women.
PoorFellow

Post by PoorFellow »

While I find the "Mr_Human" question fair as such I also find the attitude of "Steve W" equally fair.

However , my personal opinion is that I do not think that we are going to see any such discounts.
First of all then Cherry Audio has allowed for their products to be bundled as promotion at Humble Bundle at a price that is even cheaper that the would be discount price would be for any such group. And I personally would not be surprised if we are going to see another of such promotions again. I myself got my first Cherry Audio at Humble Bundle but only recently (re)discovered the software when I got my first really good Midi Keyboard/Synth.
Secondly , there is something important that we need to also consider. : A lot of what Cherry Audio sells is 'third party' developers stuff , meaning that Cherry Audio probably can not set prices with no regards to the maker of the stuff.
Thirdly then Cherry Audio must make money. Not only to cover own bills and expenses but also to cover support costs and what not (and Cherry Audio at the moment at least offers great support !)(Thank you Cherry Audio !) so it's not realistic to expect them to give away their software more than they already are by their promotions.

As I wrote to start with then I find the "Mr_Human" question fair as such but I do not see it as feasible at all !
:arrow: Don't bother me ! :!:
Mr_Human

Post by Mr_Human »

Thanks for sharing your insight @PoorFellow
cherryaudio Robert
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Robert »

Sorry, we do not have a student discount, but we do have special pricing for educational institutions. Individuals will have to make do with our everyday crazy low prices, many sales throughout the year, and the special promotions and discounts often available through our reseller partners, Humble Bundle, and more. Following us on social media and subscribing to our newsletter is the best way to get the heads up on these specials!
Robert
--
Robert Saint John, Director of Marketing
Cherry Audio
PoorFellow

Post by PoorFellow »

cherryaudio Robert wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:43 pm Sorry, we do not have a student discount, but we do have special pricing for educational institutions. Individuals will have to make do with our everyday crazy low prices, many sales throughout the year, and the special promotions and discounts often available through our reseller partners, Humble Bundle, and more. Following us on social media and subscribing to our newsletter is the best way to get the heads up on these specials!
I personally are very much looking forward to more 'crazy low prices' , especially if you could get some of the third party sellers to agree to that idea ! 8-)
(I took a look at my wish-list at Cherry Audio Store earlier today and I already have 'wishes' for between $ 2000 and $ 3000 , and some of it already discounted , and I don't think that I will ever be able to afford all that :( ) (I am in a 'low income group' myself !)

On a side note then I did rather regret buying the 'Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums' some days back because I did simply not understand what wondrous stuff that I had on my hands and because I so much wanted some of the other stuff. But I got a much better understanding by watching the Voltage Modular presented by CTO Dan Goldstein of Cherry Audio video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2P7hacf8Cs that made me understand how much great stuff that I had got my hands on ! Not any regret at all after that :D (Voltage Modular is the greatest app ever ! :D )
:arrow: Don't bother me ! :!:
cherryaudio Robert
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Robert »

PoorFellow wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:33 pm I personally are very much looking forward to more 'crazy low prices' , especially if you could get some of the third party sellers to agree to that idea ! 8-)
The pricing of VM modules and bundles is indeed up to the developers, but they have been very generous with promotions, introductory prices, freebies, updates, and participating in events like the VM1500 Celebration Sale earlier this year. Who knows what the rest of the year may bring?!
Robert
--
Robert Saint John, Director of Marketing
Cherry Audio

Return to “Cherry Audio Store”