Duration of sales & offers ?

For issues related to the Cherry Audio store and the Sync product management application
PoorFellow

Duration of sales & offers ?

Post by PoorFellow »

Hello ,

I would like to (I consider) buying something but do not presently have the money and were trying to find out how long offer is valid and also when the sale started. So I browsed among other the page : https://cherryaudio.com/news and then clicked 'Sale' at the left of page .
However the Sale info I found were on a single item (Stardust 201 Year One Sale is On!) and nothing on a general sale !
Then I went to the "Cherry Audio Store" sub-forum , here : viewforum.php?f=11 , Thinking that there surely must be a pinned message with sales information, but nooooooo , no , no.... :?
So , how do I actually go about finding out for how long a specific offer is valid ?

I recently discovered that the Voltage Modular is also Stand-Alone software , and really fabulous at that , I got it from buying a Humble Bundle Bundle and sort of forgot all about it (considering it to be just another plug-in for my often dis-functional DAW software) but would really like to play some more around with the software ! So I consider buying some expansions though not sure if I will get / have the money within a foreseeable future.
however I will check if the sale lasts long enough for me to check later , I just don't know how long the sale lasts !

At the moment I consider taking the nice offer on the "Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums" (https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/v ... ctro-drums) , it's only $ 49 , which might be more than I can spare (rapidly upcoming/raising world crisis considered also !) but I might still check later ! :ugeek: :lol:
Last edited by PoorFellow on Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: Don't bother me ! :!:
utdgrant

Re: Duration of sales & offers ?

Post by utdgrant »

Welcome to the world of Voltage Modular!

I would always recommend VM Core + Electro Drums as the first expansion pack beyond Nucleus. $49 is a good price - to the best of my knowledge it has never been lower than that.

Bear in mind that a lot of modules and some bundles are available completely free of charge.

Post by PoorFellow »

utdgrant wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:54 pmWelcome to the world of Voltage Modular!

I would always recommend VM Core + Electro Drums as the first expansion pack beyond Nucleus. $49 is a good price - to the best of my knowledge it has never been lower than that.
Thank you ! :) I am a complete 'Newbie' to this software and though I have some (very limited) knowledge of basic concepts such as Attack, Decay, Sustain and Release , and may have a vague idea of the meaning of Pitch then it doesn't really help me a lot here.
I feel like at the complete bottom with next to no knowledge and up against an extremely steep leaning curve. Also , I do have, I think a relatively good understanding of 'logic' as in 'logic circuits' but that really does not help much either.
So I can load a MisFit Audio Electro Drum preset but editing it or trying to get something to work that ends with Template doesn't work.
Same trying to drive anything using a MidiFile or QWERTY on-screen Midi-KB is mostly doomed from the start.
So I have a very long way to go here.
I am however still capable of recognizing the huge potential here of all the stuff , just wish that I understood a lot more ! (including of Midi that would make me able to understand all this : https://www.aarnville.com/index.html )
But loading some circuits and studying it eventually should yield some result...

And thank you , yes ! VM Core + Electro Drums looks like a great purchase so I hope that the sale lasts long enough for me to find out if I have the money to buy..
utdgrant wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:54 pmBear in mind that a lot of modules and some bundles are available completely free of charge.
Yes , I already noticed that and grabbed virtually anything 'free' that I could spot , I just think that it makes a very messy account interface since I can not find out how to get the account interface to list the basic stuff (Voltage Modular and similar) and paid stuff (anything I paid for) separately from all the free stuff which by now is a lot on my account.
Also I find it extremely difficult how to get an overview of what I have and do not have when something free is part of a bundle where I recognize that I have some of it and the rest I do not know the freakin' functonality or use of (either)...
Since I liked the "Voltage Modular" and thought that some of Dome Music Technologies stuff sounded nice then I bought the Stringer Seventy Six Paraphonic Construction Kit to have something 'cheap' to play with. (Ref. : https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/s ... uction-kit )
Of course I also already got the Dome Music Technologies Freebie Collection
(https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/d ... collection)
which in turn contains a lot of ACE stuff and some Rat stuff but not all of it so I also bought the "RAT Pack Bundle" . But though the price is not much then I can not keep buying so even if I do not have all the Ace stuff then I can not just buy the Audio Computing Engine Collection from same , and only later do I spot that the Aqua-Marine Ensemble Generator from the Stringer Seventy Six Paraphonic Construction Kit is a preset only version of the Solaris Ensemble (another thing to buy or not).
Why am I writing all this ? Well , like I wrote earlier then I find it nearly impossible to find out what I have (spot on a glance) from 'bundles' and exactly the same when the subject is what is required to have when choosing a preset where I may already have the demo , or maybe I got it free or maybe ... whatever....
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

Welcome.

My advice if you are on a very tight budget and feel a bit overwhelmed by the learning curve is to relax and for at least a month or so ignore all the glittering options and focus on mastering the basic modules in Nucleus.

I'd not even look at all the free extra modules initially as you'll end up with a lot of clutter and confusion.

Lust for extra modules is fine but it's best to resist until you have a full grip on the basics.

Just work out how to build very simple but useful patches. By doing so you'll be able to master all the details of the user interface, settings and input and output. Forget about polyphonic patches or anything fancy.

Then after a month or two you will be fully grounded in using VM and then be able to make informed choices about how to add more modules.

This will save you a lot of time and money and make the whole experience less stressful.
PoorFellow

Post by PoorFellow »

ColinP wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:06 pm Welcome.

My advice if you are on a very tight budget and feel a bit overwhelmed by the learning curve is to relax and for at least a month or so ignore all the glittering options and focus on mastering the basic modules in Nucleus.

I'd not even look at all the free extra modules initially as you'll end up with a lot of clutter and confusion.

Lust for extra modules is fine but it's best to resist until you have a full grip on the basics.

Just work out how to build very simple but useful patches. By doing so you'll be able to master all the details of the user interface, settings and input and output. Forget about polyphonic patches or anything fancy.

Then after a month or two you will be fully grounded in using VM and then be able to make informed choices about how to add more modules.

This will save you a lot of time and money and make the whole experience less stressful.
Thanks Colin ,
And I guess that you are right in general that more stuff just overwhelms and confuses more and one can not make really good informed choices of ones own before one understands enough one self.
The most important thing that I can follow from you advice is to, as far as understanding goes, then stop messing with all the nice advanced stuff and then simply keep to try to understanding the basics prior to anything else.
One of the really basic things that I just learned , prior to reading your post , sitting alone with the program were how to get my Midi compatible keyboard to work with Voltage Modular - that meant a lot. Now I just needs to learn a hell of a lot more about how Midi works in connection with Voltage Modular and all it's 'plug holes' :? :lol:
So now I can use advanced setups to the extend that I only loads them to use as sounds to try on the keyboard but otherwise I should keep to trying to understand the basics !
Thank you ! :)
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

PoorFellow wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:23 pm At the moment I consider taking the nice offer on the "Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums" (https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/v ... ctro-drums) , it's only $ 49 , which might be more than I can spare (rapidly upcoming/raising world crisis considered also !) but I might still check later ! :ugeek: :lol:
When I click the link, it shows $99, not $49. I've seen it for $49 (I bought it for $49 myself), but not currently at Cherry, although you can currently upgrade from Ignite to Core for $49 at Plugin Boutique.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... rom-Ignite
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

I would echo other sentiments here that you'd be wise to work for a while with only Nucleus. The 22 modules pretty well cover the spectrum of things you'd want to do with a modular synth, and if for example the basics of an ADSR envelope are new to you, there's plenty to be learned. Then you'd have time to get a better idea of what you want to do with a modular synth. Every modular synthesist finds areas of interest.
PoorFellow

Post by PoorFellow »

huggermugger wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:07 pm
PoorFellow wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:23 pm At the moment I consider taking the nice offer on the "Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums" (https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/v ... ctro-drums) , it's only $ 49 , which might be more than I can spare (rapidly upcoming/raising world crisis considered also !) but I might still check later ! :ugeek: :lol:
When I click the link, it shows $99, not $49. I've seen it for $49 (I bought it for $49 myself), but not currently at Cherry, although you can currently upgrade from Ignite to Core for $49 at Plugin Boutique.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... rom-Ignite
It appear as if Cherry Audio (sometimes ?) maybe scales price after what you have already. Very smart of them in my opinion ! :geek: Because one might be less inclined to pay the higher price if one already got some of the products. That makes me even more friendly towards Cherry Audio & shop :)

I will take a look at pluginboutique.com , thanks !

huggermugger wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:11 pm I would echo other sentiments here that you'd be wise to work for a while with only Nucleus. The 22 modules pretty well cover the spectrum of things you'd want to do with a modular synth, and if for example the basics of an ADSR envelope are new to you, there's plenty to be learned. Then you'd have time to get a better idea of what you want to do with a modular synth. Every modular synthesist finds areas of interest.
Yeah , well , I have so much 'Midi' and 'Synth' I want to learn, and need to learn, at the moment including music to Midi Music notation back to music because I would not only like to be able to record some of my doings to Midi format but also would like to be able to alter Midi notes/music notation to change music..
I probably should have gotten myself a formal music education at a prestigious institution of learning but since I do not have that then I will have to scrape by by what I can learn myself / pick up ! 8-) :lol:
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

PoorFellow wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:32 am Yeah , well , I have so much 'Midi' and 'Synth' I want to learn
You should have a read of the links highlighted in this thread. The Sound-on-Sound Magazine "Synth Secrets" series is my personal favourite. It goes right back to the basics of sound, then leads you gently through to very advanced topics over the course of 63 articles.

Post by PoorFellow »

utdgrant wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:18 pmYou should have a read of the links highlighted in this thread. The Sound-on-Sound Magazine "Synth Secrets" series is my personal favourite. It goes right back to the basics of sound, then leads you gently through to very advanced topics over the course of 63 articles.
Thank you very much ! Great links ! I must confess that my level of understanding at the moment is limited to something like what is presented at the "The Basics of Synthesis and Sound Design" page. The The Sound-on-Sound Magazine advanced topics course of 63 articles I should probably be happy if I ever got to really understand just half of :oops: .

Return to “Cherry Audio Store”