Doubled Notes in Sequencer

The Cherry Audio Elka-X synthesizer is based upon the legendary Synthex, a rare Italian analog synthesizer designed by Mario Maggi and manufactured by ELKA in the early eighties.
UrbanCyborg

Doubled Notes in Sequencer

Post by UrbanCyborg »

Maybe I'm missing something, but there's no mention of anything like this in the manual. I was messing around to learn the sequencer, using Haumea Twilight Pad as a base. Whenever I enter sequences from the MTK in edit mode, each note I press appears as two notes in the sequence. This is independent of which sequence I'm editing. The only way I've found to fix things is to step through the sequence again and manually delete the second note of each pair. I can't imagine that this is intended behavior. I believe I'm running the latest version of Elka-X, v84, I think. It's updated itself a couple of times recently, anyway. My machine is an AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor running at 3.59GHz, with 64GB main memory. OS is Windows 10 Pro 21H1.

On a slightly different tack, the sequencer appears to be sensitive to what step you left each sequence in when you stopped editing. If you don't manually reset each sequence to the beginning, they play out of synch. Again, maybe I'm missing something, or maybe this is the way it's supposed to behave, but, again, I don't see anything like this mentioned in the Fine Manuel. :)

Reid
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Re: Doubled Notes in Sequencer

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

When I first tried to duplicate it, I'd ignored the "MTK" part, but when I re-read your post and wow, that's weird. I'll file a bug report on this.

Greg
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

Ah, good. I still retain a bare moiety of sanity. :D

Reid
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

We released an update that fixed this problem. (Build 85).

It should download automatically, unless you have that turned off in settings.

Greg
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

Thanks for the quick turnaround. Great work!

Reid

Return to “Elka-X Synthesizer”