Panning Collector tweak request

huggermugger

Panning Collector tweak request

Post by huggermugger »

I'm a fan of the Panning Collector. It has a smaller footprint and two more inputs than Cherry's Six-Channel Stereo, yet it still has pan. Ideal for me - my sources are often mono and I usually want to expand them to stereo at some point in the signal path, so I don't always need stereo inputs.

I think the pan dials on Panning Collector need a little TLC. Hard Left and Hard Right are indistinguishable (red). A slight offset for each one (green) would be a big help. :)

PS tiny activity lights on each channel would be great too :D
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 10.30.19 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 10.30.19 AM.png (118.37 KiB) Viewed 1539 times
playertron

Re: Panning Collector tweak request

Post by playertron »

Just submitted an update with LEDs on each channel to monitor incoming signal and indicator LEDs to visualize hard pans (an led on the left fades in toward left pans, and an led on the right does the opposite). Thanks for the suggestion.

The knobs utilize the full 360 rotation for finer panning control and exaggerated visual precision for intermediate pans - I found this encouraged subtlety in use. So, to keep that functionality but make things clearer for folks like yourself, when the panning gets hard, the LEDs now show you what's what.

Hope that helps!

Return to “Playertron”