Dome Music Technologies source code available for download.

utdgrant

Dome Music Technologies source code available for download.

Post by utdgrant »

I've decided to release the source code for all the Dome Music Technology modules. My hope is that people starting out with VMD can have a play with some 'official' code that's in the wild, before building their own project from scratch.

I make no claims as to the quality, readability or cleverness of the code. I'm a software engineer in my day job, and I take things like documentation, testing and QA very seriously. However, the DMT modules were a one-man operation, written purely because I wanted to have certain module functionality that didn't seem to exist in the CA Store already. So, the source files are presented as-is, with no supporting design documentation. Hopefully, the comments and variable and function names will give you some insight into what's going on under the hood.

Anyhow, you can find them all in a ZIP file at the bottom of the DMT Documentation Repository page.

If any other developers want to use the source code in any shape or form, please go ahead and do so without any restrictions. I'd be delighted if you could find a use for it in your own projects. No acknowledgements or attributions are necessary at all.

Re: Dome Music Technologies source code available for download.

Post by boingy »

Grant, two words: Thank you.

No, wait. I have three more words: Thank you again.

:D :D :D
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

Thank you, Grant. I hope this doesn't mean you're giving up writing modules for VM.

Reid
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76
GusGranite

Post by GusGranite »

Such a fantastic share for the community. Respect!
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

UrbanCyborg wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:49 am Thank you, Grant. I hope this doesn't mean you're giving up writing modules for VM.

Reid
No, not at all. Everything I've created so far has been fulfilling a need of mine. With the release of Baba O'Lowrey, I've got all the 'big things' sorted out - the things I've been wanting for years, if not decades. So I'm going to take a break from development, just for a little while.

Rest assured, I've already got some designs niggling away in the dark recesses of my mind. It won't be long before they start building into another obsession or three. :)

Post by UrbanCyborg »

Rest assured, I've already got some designs niggling away in the dark recesses of my mind. It won't be long before they start building into another obsession or three. :)
I know the feeling well. :D
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76
boonier

Post by boonier »

thankyouthankyouthankyou
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

Yourewelcomeyourewelcomeyourewelcome

Post by TheGarnet »

Woah, so cool! Looking forward to combing through your code.

You inspired me to release all the code to my modules I have written so far. I only had an hour, and only wrote one module, with one function. But explaining, and debugging it for my son, was enough to impress him and have him wanting to invent ideas for modules for me to write.

Here it is:

public void ProcessSample()
{
// add your own code here
outputJack1.SetValue(inputJack1.GetValue());

}
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

Just a quick post to say that the source code archive has been updated to include all Dome Music Technology releases to date:

RAT Pack Bundle
Audio Computing Engine Bundle
Simple Amplifier
Baba O'Lowrey
Solaris Ensemble
Zeit Year 50 Collection
Stringer Seventy Six Paraphonic Construction Kit
Fifth Dimension Phaser Factory

You can find it in the same place as before, on the DMT website (bottom of the page).

The usual disclaimers apply: Feel free to use the source code in any way you want. No permission required from me, and no attributions necessary. You can reuse any or all of it in your own creations without restriction.

Return to “Module Designer”