Including *module* presets with a module

boingy

Including *module* presets with a module

Post by boingy »

I know you can make a bundle of VM presets to accompany a module or set of modules and put it in the shop but is there any way to supply module presets with a module such that they are automatically available to anyone who downloads the module?

I'm talking about the presets you access with a right-click on each module that get saved as *.modpreset files in:
PC: %appdata%\Voltage\Presets\ModulePresets
Mac: Users\ <username>\Library\Application Support\Voltage\Presets\ModulePresets
jclounge

Re: Including *module* presets with a module

Post by jclounge »

I don't know if there's a proper way (since I'm yet to publish). But maybe you could include the preset files into your module resources and then write them out to the presets folder when the module is first run. VM's GetLibraryPath() method helps to locate where to put the presets in a cross-platform way.
Waverley Instruments

Post by Waverley Instruments »

Anyone prepared to share their idea of the "correct" way to do this?

I'm kinda scratching around (as per!) for the best approach...

Thanks guys! -Rob
Captain

Post by Captain »

I just ended up having the module presets as a separate download with installation instructions, but agreed, it would be cool if they got downloaded & installed with the module itself.
jclounge wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:36 am But maybe you could include the preset files into your module resources and then write them out to the presets folder when the module is first run. VM's GetLibraryPath() method helps to locate where to put the presets in a cross-platform way.
That's an interesting idea! Something about this feels slightly risky, but could be worth trying...
Waverley Instruments

Post by Waverley Instruments »

Yep, part of the risk is having to hardcode the extra path to __Module_Presets__ and your module uri. I reached out to CA about this and they acknowledged that was risky so I think they've filed it as a feature request for now - something like a GetModulePresetsPath() helper function.

Return to “Module Designer”