Any future plans for VM

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
ColinP

Re: Any future plans for VM

Post by ColinP »

MRBarton wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:47 am It's fine. No offense taken. I understood what ColinP meant when he invoked Dave Smith.
Thank you for being so gracious and understanding.

Over the years I have developed a bad habit of writing stream of consciousness style rubbish at a ridiculously fast typing speed and hitting send without pausing to reflect on how other people might misinterpret what I say. Sometimes I stumble very badly and say things I regret.

Thanks again for being so very kind and thoughtful.
woau

Post by woau »

Why does my original question get ignored though :(

No Colinp no worries, I think i got the vibe wrong
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

woau wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:47 pm Why does my original question get ignored though :(

No Colinp no worries, I think i got the vibe wrong
Cool. Hopefully we have returned to a state of relative peace and harmony after my horrendous faux pas. I totally understood your reaction by the way. I deeply regret the way I phrased that comment.

Mark and I are two old guys who often disagree but we respect each other and enjoy a bit of lively debate. Also I'd like to point out that I call him Mark rather than mrb not as a sign of disrespect but because in a private conversation I once mistakenly called him Mike. It's my way of saying sorry.

As for CA not responding to your original question. I think Greg does his best to respond to posts on the forum but probably only has something like 15 minutes a day to do so and spends much of his time policing spammers and such like.

I do think that CA should put more effort into responding to posts on this forum and customer suggestions in general (as per my previous semi-rant) also witness the long ignored requests for a button to shut off the noise on the Stardust tape echo.

It's all slightly mysterious to me. Having run several companies I always think of customer feedback as an extremely precious resource.

But I think CA is a tiny company trying its best and they put up with a lot of criticism from me and always respond to emails promptly and in a friendly manner so I respect them. And I genuinely do love Voltage Modular!
cherryaudio Robert
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Robert »

woau wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:47 pm Why does my original question get ignored though :(
Hello woau (and all!). Consider me "Cherry Robert" :D I'm Robert Saint John, Director of Marketing here at CA. I just now saw this post and your question, so I'll attempt to step in and answer. Please be assured that we were not ignoring your post or question, but we have been exceptionally busy over the past week (and past month!). We monitor a lot of channels including our regular Support lines, social media, external forums, email correspondence, and these forums. Our first priority is always going to be making sure users are up and running and getting support when they need it. And with two major product launches in the past month and the new Voltage Modular 1500 campaign, we have a lot going on.
woau wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 5:12 pm Really like VM and have been using it a lot. To the developers: was wondering if there are future plans for adding features and updates to the program. Or are you guys mainly focussing on new stand alone synths?

Also will there be another 'year' collection this year from cherry audio or cherry audio/mrb?
Thank you for the original post. We're glad you're enjoying VM! To answer your questions:
- We often update Voltage Modular, nearly 30 times since its release, most recently in February. Apple M1 native support, Java update, and stability fixes were big updates, if not exciting.
- The VM platform will continue to be updated, and we have no intention of sidelining it in favor of our standalone synths and effects.
- We do not pre-announce our product plans, feature updates, bundles, or sales. That includes potential Year Collections. "We serve no wine before its time," as the saying goes :) There are many factors that go into what we're working on, what the features are, when products are released, and how we handle the sales and marketing of all of our products. In short, there will be more, but we don't say what or when.

Hopefully, most have seen that we're making a very big deal about the milestone of 1500 modules for Voltage Modular. We want more people to use Voltage Modular, and we want to really amp up the awareness of the amazing developers and modules associated with it. If you're watching our website and especially our social media channels, I think you'll see that it's our primary focus at the moment.

Finally (and to ColinP as well), all of the suggestions and customer feedback that come in over all of the channels are noted, documented, and shared with everyone at Cherry Audio who needs to see and consider it. We welcome the suggestions, they have provably factored into products and updates, and will continue to do so.

I hope that directly answers the questions that were asked, even if you didn't get the specific answers you wanted!
Last edited by cherryaudio Robert on Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robert
--
Robert Saint John, Director of Marketing
Cherry Audio
woau

Post by woau »

rsaintjohn wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:35 pm
Hello woau (and all!). Consider me "Cherry Robert" :D I'm Robert Saint John, Director of Marketing here at CA. I just now saw this post and your question, so I'll attempt to step in and answer. Please be assured that we were not ignoring your post or question, but we have been exceptionally busy over the past week (and past month!). We monitor a lot of channels including our regular Support lines, social media, external forums, email correspondence, and these forums. Our first priority is always going to be making sure users are up and running and getting support when they need it. And with two major product launches in the past month and the new Voltage Modular 1500 campaign, we have a lot going on.
woau wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 5:12 pm Really like VM and have been using it a lot. To the developers: was wondering if there are future plans for adding features and updates to the program. Or are you guys mainly focussing on new stand alone synths?

Also will there be another 'year' collection this year from cherry audio or cherry audio/mrb?
Thank you for the original post. We're glad you're enjoying VM! To answer your questions:
- We often update Voltage Modular, nearly 30 times since its release, most recently in February. Apple M1 native support, Java update, and stability fixes were big updates, if not exciting.
- The VM platform will continue to be updated, and we have no intention of sidelining it in favor of our standalone synths and effects.
- We do not pre-announce our product plans, feature updates, bundles, or sales. That includes potential Year Collections. "We serve no wine before its time," as the saying goes :) There are many factors that go into what we're working on, what the features are, when products are released, and how we handle the sales and marketing of all of our products. In short, there will be more, but we don't say what or when.

Hopefully, most have seen that we're making a very big deal we're making about the milestone of 1500 modules for Voltage Modular. We want more people to use Voltage Modular, and we want to really amp up the awareness of the amazing developers and modules associated with it. If you're watching our website and especially our social media channels, I think you'll see that it's our primary focus at the moment.

Finally (and to ColinP as well), all of the suggestions and customer feedback that come in over all of the channels are noted, documented, and shared with everyone at Cherry Audio who needs to see and consider it. We welcome the suggestions, they have provably factored into products and updates, and will continue to do so.

I hope that directly answers the questions that were asked, even if you didn't get the specific answers you wanted!
Hello Robert!

Thank you so much for answering.

Its great to hear CA isn't sidelining VM. I love the program, and use it almost daily. The more modules you get, the more you invest time and money into it. So for me its a comfort to know that its still being actively supported in the future.

I completely understand the decision to not pre-announce product plans. I will wait with excitement.

Again thanks for your post in busy times
cherryaudio Robert
Site Admin

New! The Cherry Audio/MRB Rackmode Modules for Voltage Modular, a set of effects, oscillators, and filters inspired by a classic line of analog rack-mounted signal processors from the 1970s and ‘80s. Rackmode Modules are nine new modules exclusively for the Voltage Modular platform based on Cherry Audio's acclaimed Rackmode Signal Processors plugins released earlier this year.

The Rackmode components have been expertly adapted to the modular workflow and maintain the elegant look and heritage of the rack-mounted enclosures. Award-winning synth designer Mark Barton's (MRB) proprietary DSP coding reproduces every sonic nuance with circuit-precise emulations based on the original rack-mounted hardware.

Redesigned for Voltage Modular, these new modules extend the capabilities of Cherry Audio's Rackmode Signal Processors. Most modules are available individually or as the Rackmode Modules Collection for a special introductory price of $69 for the complete bundle (regularly $99). A 50% discount is available for customers who previously purchased the Rackmode Signal Processors VST bundle.

More details on the modules and bundles available
Robert
--
Cherry Audio
woau

Post by woau »

cherryaudio Robert wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:57 pm New! The Cherry Audio/MRB Rackmode Modules for Voltage Modular, a set of effects, oscillators, and filters inspired by a classic line of analog rack-mounted signal processors from the 1970s and ‘80s. Rackmode Modules are nine new modules exclusively for the Voltage Modular platform based on Cherry Audio's acclaimed Rackmode Signal Processors plugins released earlier this year.

The Rackmode components have been expertly adapted to the modular workflow and maintain the elegant look and heritage of the rack-mounted enclosures. Award-winning synth designer Mark Barton's (MRB) proprietary DSP coding reproduces every sonic nuance with circuit-precise emulations based on the original rack-mounted hardware.

Redesigned for Voltage Modular, these new modules extend the capabilities of Cherry Audio's Rackmode Signal Processors. Most modules are available individually or as the Rackmode Modules Collection for a special introductory price of $69 for the complete bundle (regularly $99). A 50% discount is available for customers who previously purchased the Rackmode Signal Processors VST bundle.

Awesome! Thanks for the message
Project

Post by Project »

woau wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:18 am
cherryaudio Robert wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:57 pm Most modules are available individually or as the Rackmode Modules Collection for a special introductory price of $69 for the complete bundle (regularly $99). A 50% discount is available for customers who previously purchased the Rackmode Signal Processors VST bundle.

Any info regarding how long the introductory discount will last?
cherryaudio Robert
Site Admin

Project wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:17 am Any info regarding how long the introductory discount will last?
"Indefinitely" at this point. We'll see how it goes. We would announce on our site and various channels when a price change would be coming.
Robert
--
Cherry Audio

Return to “Voltage Modular”